Can I lose 50lbs from now until Sep 3rd 2009?

Can I? I know it's unhealthy but I'm going to my High School reunion and I have gained ALOT of weight acutally 100 bls since high school but I would LOVE to lose at least half of it. But I really don't know where to start, I know starving myself isnt' going to work and I cannot just eat healthy I have to excercise as well. But I would like to know what should I eat and what kind of excercises I should do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, you can. Eat a lot of BIG salads with tons of leafy greens, mushrooms, shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, that kind of thing, with either a squeeze of lemon of two tablespoons of mashed avocado with lemon for dressing. Lean protein choices like plain old baked chicken breast with no added oils or salt, just a salt-free seasoning such as Mrs. Dash and/or lemon--add in to the salads or just cut into strips and eat a few as a snack. Drink water or unsweetened green tea ONLY, absolutely no diet soda. As for exercise, get 90 minutes of some kind of movement daily--simple walking at first, swimming, biking (easy on the joints) and of those 90 minutes, get 30 minutes of efficient cardio--find and hit your target heart rate and stay there for 20 minutes, 5-minute warm-ups and cool-downs. A core strength workout helps a lot as well. PM me for more info.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:44 AM on May. 22, 2009

• If you used the weight watchers method, then, I would say you could lose 30lbs by then. And I would suggest finding a workout dvd. Like a biggest loser one or the 30 day shred.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:40 AM on May. 22, 2009

• its possible just work out alot and eat right cut out carbs and drink just water
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:41 AM on May. 22, 2009

• You have to modify your life. As to whether you can lose 50 lb in that short of time...I don't know...but I bet you could lose at least 25. Check out Weight Watchers on line.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 9:41 AM on May. 22, 2009

• The Biggest Loser workout tapes are awesome! Also, cut out soda, fast food, caffeine, drink lots of water. Eat small meals SLOWLY so that your body has time to realize when you've had enough before you're stuffed. Do NOT skip meals. Try Slim Fast or protein drinks for two meals per day and then a sensible dinner. I bet you could do it :-)
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 9:44 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I was 253 lbs. That was right after having my last child. I am now 200lbs. I replaced one of my meals like lunch or supper, with a grilled chicken salad that I made. No olive/vegetable oils and no butters. I cut out all butter and oils. I grilled my chicken on the grill or in a non stick frying pan. I also cut out sugar and salt. I used a tiny bit of salt to cook for taste.

I also power walked or jogged in my neighborhood every single day. I dropped the 53 lbs. in 8 weeks. The doctor said that was a lot for me to lose in such a little time frame but he said I was doing fine and If I wasn't getting dehydrated(you have to drink plenty of fluids like water and gatorade.) then I could keep doing it. I also stretched in the morning when I got up, did sit ups, and some push ups. I also got some TaeBo tapes with Billy Banks (I think that is his name) He is the black guy that does workout videos. I enjoyed it. get that heart rate
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:45 AM on May. 22, 2009

• up and sweat it off
    2wndrfl_btrflys

• You know what to do just keep moving and eat right.
    I tried to loose 20lbs and it was hard I kept saying tomorrow, tomorrow bc I wantedt to look my best fro my friends wedding well anyway I did not loose nothing :(
    I just went and wished so bad that I had lost something Iwas disappointed in myself so if you plan to do this you need to be strict with it or else you will end up like me :(
    I mean I don't look bad I just could shed afew...lol
    I once knew this guy he was big and not very attractive atleast to me hewasn't but anyway he kept talking about how he going to get fit and get a tan I was like yeah blah blah blah anyway he did not loose the weight but he got the tan...lol I was not impressed. Poor guy I wish him well.
    Girl don't give up do what you have to do don't be all talk and no action. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:48 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Another thing to think about is doing like a colon cleanse/detox for your body to get you started. This should help all the nutrients absorb more and make you feel overall better too with more energy.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 9:51 AM on May. 22, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you & hard on your body.You will never learn portion control or healthy eating habits.In order to maintain a healthy weight you need to have a healthy lifestyle;this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, start walking; at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html .Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 10:36 AM on May. 22, 2009