how many abortions?

A girl my sister is friends with had a child at the age of 18 she gave up for adoption. She's only 20 now and has had 3 abortions since then. She refuses to use condoms or get on birth control. I guess what I'm trying to ask is will they eventually stop doing the abortions? I guess I can understand having one (although I never would even consider it for myself) but 3, that's absurd. I think she should be forced into having Mirena or something along those lines.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on May. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• While I personally disagree with her choices and feel that in time as she gets older she will begin to regret those decisions and cry for her babies, I don't think they can force her to do anything. She has free will just like the rest of us and if the govt made her do something against her will, even if it seemed logical to us, then they have the power to force me to do something against my will, even if it seemed logical to someone else. So what we want is for her to get a grip on reality and grow up, but we do NOT want the government forcing us to do things that we don't want to do or are adamently against. We just need to pray for her and try to reason with her, but theres a day of reckoning for everyone....call it Karma, whatever. Its not right, but its her life. As long as shes paying for it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:25 AM on May. 22, 2009

• How sad. I don't understand how a person can be happy with using abortion as a method of birth control. I don't know the answer to your question, but it can NOT be good on her body.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 9:49 AM on May. 22, 2009

• That is stupid...someone should sew her vajayjay up tight. there is no need for someone to be so stupid and irresponsible like that.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:52 AM on May. 22, 2009

• What the hell? Isn't an abortion like $300....the pill is like $10 a month....that makes no sense to me.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:01 AM on May. 22, 2009

• My boyfriends ex was like that... she had four abortions while they were together.... and refused to get on birth control because she didnt wanna get "fat".... how horrible is that???.... sadly, there is nothing that clinics or anyone else can do... its sad that she is comfortable with living with that on her soul && its sad that those babies will never get life because she took the easy way out and killed her children... I myself would never abort a baby && i could never imagine aborting three && giving on up for adoption... im glad she at least choose adoption over abortion for the first... I think that clinics should look into women who come in for frequent abortions and take steps into breaking that cycle... but sadly, honestly its all about money and they really could give a f*ck less about people who come in and out of there.. and even if they tell her no, there are other clinics.... so in the end.. Its on her.. so sad.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 10:12 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Thats not right. Abortions are not for birth control. I think your only allowed to get 3 over a period of time but im not sure. And they arnt cheep i had to pay 200 to get it done once because i got pregnant from a rape. thats the ONLY reason i would understand anyone getting one.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:14 AM on May. 22, 2009

• She is an idiot. Has she been tested for STDs?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:41 AM on May. 22, 2009

• While I'm pro choice using abortions as a form of birth control is wrong. If she doesn't want kids she should get her tubes tied.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:55 AM on May. 22, 2009

• That is so freaking scary on a lot of levels, but I won't even go there since that wasn't your question. I don't think there is a limit to the number of abortions a woman can have in most places. If there were, women like that would probably just lie and say they had fewer than they have or go somewhere else. I can't tell you how strongly I disagree with her, and I think she probably has mental or emotional issues, but I still have to agree with momofsaee...I think in the long run it would be worse for everyone if we allow the government to force procedures on unwilling people.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 11:20 AM on May. 22, 2009

• i think that's stupid because if she doesn't want to have babies she should use birth control so she doesn't get pregnant..
    Rosmery91

Answer by Rosmery91 at 1:05 PM on May. 22, 2009