How to get Cat pee out of A Sofa?

Okay some Cat of mine was mad she couldn't go outside Safely. She peed' all over my sofa... The cushions & to the bottom. I think she had A beer of coffee first! Anyway..... What can I use? I can't Get the Smell out! Broyhill says Dry cleaning? I can't afford anything costly? Anyone have A Good tried & true remedy? For my lil' Darlin' misbehaving? Kind Replies/solutions only please!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:00 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• well i would take the cover off and wash it in the washer and dryer and add some baking soda to it. then with the cusion itself i would spray it with a cleaner and then pat it down with a white rag to get it out, then soak it in febreeze air effects, it works better than the other one. like soak it! and then put some baking soda on top of that, that will definately kill the odor and the febreeze is just a quick get rid of it so im not gagging while cleaning it.....then for the other parts hot hot water with baking soda in a spray bottle soak it down pat it out, then soak it in the febreeze.....hope it works. good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Vinegar! Take a squirt bottle and add vinegar and water in a 1:1 concentration. Spray it down, let it soak. Shoot if you have a steam cleaner, you could put that solution in the cleaner. My son left a sheet outside hidden in our shed and apparently the stray cats in the neighborhood felt the need to stake claim. It was HORRIBLE. I tossed it in the wash with vinegar in a Downy ball and after just one wash...it was fresh again.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:26 AM on May. 22, 2009