Judgments

This is both an observation and a question and I am in no means trying to offend just asking an innocent question.

Do you find that when people post questions on here or any other site for that matter that they become rather judgmental of those who don't share their exact views. The name calling is the worst. I mean if all you want is someone to agree with you all the time why not post on a site where more people think like you but to call people idiots and such does nothing but people on the defense and instead of people really discussing the issue or question all you're left with are people being rude to each other. I know we all are entitled to say what we want due to "Freedom of speech" but don't people realize that just because someone doesn't agree with their point that it doesn't make them dumb, mindless or incapable of thinking? It's just a difference in opinion and could be refreshing to get other views at times

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Quinn - the politic side of issues can get heated you're absolutely right. However, it can sometimes and I repeat sometimes to be hard to ignore and not take personally when you've been made to look like a fool just because you had a difference of opinion. I don't know any of you ladies personally or in RL, still being called a mindless idiot or a drone can be just as embarrassing. Sorry.

I try very hard to remove emotion from my responses, unless it's sarcasm.  I even restrain from calling someone ignorant because I have no knowledge of their understanding of a subject.  Ignorance is a matter of opinion (most of the time).  Name-calling is unnecessary, but I see it coming from all sides here. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:53 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I'm right there with you. Sometimes I'll ask a question because I honestly want to know the feelings of those who don't agree with me, because I don't understand and want to see where someone else is coming from. But people take it the wrong way and start name calling...and then no one learns anything!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:12 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Yeah, but where's the fun it it? I come here to get a few good laughs throughout the day and CM always delivers on some level.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Politics has a tendency to get heated. I try not to take any of it personally.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:13 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I agree with you 100%.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on May. 22, 2009

• No, there actually ARE some obviously dumb people around.

It is a fact of life.

It is not politically correct to say it, though.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:15 AM on May. 22, 2009

• There are people in this world who think THEY are ALWAYS RIGHT and MY WAY IS THE RIGHT WAY YOUR WAY IS WRONG...these people make me so mad. this world is so judgmental. Yes I judge people. The stupid people. People who rape, murder, steal, etc. I do not judge against race, sexual orientation, gender, age, or religion. all of that stuff is every body's choice for themselves. It is not for me to judge. but some people make it their mission to bash on homosexuals, or christians, atheist, agnostics etc. I could care less. Just don't push your beliefs on me. I have my beliefs and I am sticking to them.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:15 AM on May. 22, 2009

• What I don't appreciate is when you disagree with someone who may be conservative you're automatically called a Lib. What if you're just as conservative but just happen to disagree with one or two things. Neither party can be everything to each member, there is bound to be one or two things you don't agree with on both sides of the fences. However, here on CM if you speak up then you're labeled a Lib. Not that there's anything wrong with ones being liberal I'm just saying it's wrong to lump everybody together because of different views and then to be dismissed as though what you've asked or said means nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on May. 22, 2009

• anon:18
    I agree with you!
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 10:20 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Dumb is persisting in a thought pattern when you have been presented with evidence to the contrary.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:21 AM on May. 22, 2009