6 month old rolling over and sleeping on tummy

My DD is rolling over in the middle of the night and sleeping on her side and her stomach...I'm really worried about SIDS.
I'm such a worry wart...

Do you think this is okay? How can I get her to sleep on her back?

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 10:24 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Once she is fully capable of rolling over on her own, there is nothing you can do. She most likly will roll back over is she has a problem.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:27 AM on May. 22, 2009

• You know, everything I've heard is that you keep them on their backs....until they are rolling over on their own.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:27 AM on May. 22, 2009

• All you can do is try to lay her on her back every time you put her down. I secretly let my daughter sleep on her belly as a baby. I felt guilty about it, but that was how she preferred! I was aaaalways checking on her because I, too, am a worry wart. I'm sure you could tuck her in really tight to see if she'll just stay in the same position all night, but...probably best to just let her wiggle. As long as you have a monitor and whatnot, you've taken the proper precautions!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 10:28 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I know it is okay, because that was the only way my son and daughter would sleep after they hit around 4-5 weeks old. I found out because the first couple of weeks were okay after we bought our first baby home from the hospital. he was such a good baby too. he was sleeping on his back all the time. then at around 4 weeks old, he was crying all the time wouldn't go to sleep. he was eating plenty before he went to bed, i tried swaddling, rocking him to sleep then laying him down everything. I called my mom one night and she said, try laying him on his belly. (he held his head up pretty good for a baby his age) after a lot of hesitation I finally did it and he slept through the night. He slept through the night from 4 weeks until 16 months when my mom started putting him in her bed when she baby sat.

My daughter did the same thing. Now she is 18 months old and sleeps mostly on her back and side. sometime I catch her sleeping
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:28 AM on May. 22, 2009

• with her butt in the air..it is so funny. I never put anything in their crib. I never even used bumper pads. Just keep an eye on her..I am sure she will be fine.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:29 AM on May. 22, 2009

• My DD is 5 months old, and she sleeps on her tummy. She's fine.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 11:46 AM on May. 22, 2009

• The risk of SIDS drastically drops after four months old. As long as she can rollover on her own she is capable of rolling to her stomach if she needs to. Don't worry. It's perfectly normal and she'll be fine. :)
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 11:53 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Mine was roling over when she was 2 1/2 months and sleeps all the time on her belly. Now that she's 11 months that's the only way she will sleep with her butt sticking up in the air.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:03 PM on May. 22, 2009

• i did the same thing when DD was that i age i would wake up like every half hour and put her on her back and finally i called the doc and he said "if she can into the position she cant out" and to put her on her back to sleep but if she rolls over then so be it and allow her to be comfortable. I too and still worried about sids and dd is 11mos!!! so i know how you feel
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 12:17 PM on May. 22, 2009