How much extra a month do you spend on yourself? Your kids?

My stepson thinks he should get a new video game everytime he comes here. He thinks he should go out to eat every meal.. We do try to get a new video game a month or go get chicken nuggets from mcdonalds every two weeks but that's about it.. And on me, I would LOVE LOVE to go shopping every weekend, but I only spend about 200 dollars every three to four months on me and my husband on new clothes or something we want!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It really depends on the month and what is going on. I would say I probably spend anywhere between 200-500, but it is mostly on my daughter. I buy a lot of clothing for both of us. Husband takes combative classes, and fixes his motorcycle.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:06 AM on May. 22, 2009

• ha i havent went shopping for myself since before i was pregnant with my first, who is now 2. If i ever have any extra money it goes straight to the kids, for clothes, toys, books, ect.. I think your stepson is spoiled and he will get over not getting a new video game or going out to eat!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 11:07 AM on May. 22, 2009

• It really depends like in June I will spend an extra $350 on our girls and I myself I am looking at about $200. Sometimes less sometimes more.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:07 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Me and my husband went to the movies last night for the first time in months and we shouldnt have because we still have some bills we have to pay but he felt bad that im always in the hosue and we never go out anywhere. Im pregnant with my first so i dont have to spend money on kids yet lol but thats not far away =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:09 AM on May. 22, 2009

• i buy nothing for my self i always buy for my daughter
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 11:10 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Just like the last money question, I don't have a clue,lol. I just get what we need, no ones spoiled here though. They are only allowed toys on birthdays, holidays, and clothes at the beginning of summer and the beginning of the school yr. Otherwise it's the library for books and during the Summer they are in the pool so much they don't really wear anything but swim trunks around the house.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:13 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I used to spend money on myself every week, now, it's all towards my son. He grows out of clothes so often, it's hard to keep up. I find myself not needing much anymore, anyway. I love spending mone on toys and things for him. It's so much fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Other then going out to eat once a week usually I rarely spend anything else on myself. I might pick up a new t-shirt once or twice a year for myself. The kids get new toys on their birthday and Christmas. They get new clothes whenever I find them on clearance at Target (I check every time) but it's usually just a couple shirts and maybe a skirt or something for one of the girls. Someone is always left out and whining about it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:02 PM on May. 22, 2009