My dog keeps chewing on our wood furniture and wood laminate skirting!

i've tried bitter apple spray and it does not work ive also tried vinegar and Cayenne pepper does not work either! what can i do? my furniture is being torn to bits!! HELP!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Pets

• Basket muzzle.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:13 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Also do you have a variety of toys for him? Giving him something interesting to chew on might help. Try the Kongs that you put treats in.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:14 AM on May. 22, 2009

• i would throw a million and one toys out for my dogs who chewed my custom base boards!! that and discipline they actually like the bitter apple spray so they chewed/ate it when i sprayed it on stuff
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 12:20 PM on May. 22, 2009

• If you ever get an answer and it works, let me know. I have a Beagle....he is bored with all the chewy bones and toys. I am about to give him away......
    Anonymous

• red hot. take red hot and brush it on the wood areas that their chewing on. my dogs both chewed then the vet told me to try that they licked it once and havent been back.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 3:08 PM on May. 22, 2009

• to anon: in case you check back, how old is your dog. I talked to my vet a million times about my dogs PM me maybe i can help
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 5:04 PM on May. 22, 2009

• My dogs went thru this as well. As strange as it may sound, or stupid as it may sound. I got tired of it too, and just went to the wood pile (we heat with wood) and put a log in the house. Now they chew on that and leave the furniture alone. I asked the vet about it and he said it couldn't hurt them as much as the treated lumber that furniture and molding is made up of (Mine chewed the molding most) Sorry I don't have a better answer, but it did work for my dogs.
    boosma

Answer by boosma at 3:42 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Well he needs more out door activity if you get him out doors more and go on more walks and let him get out his built up energy its proven to get them more calm in the house. And he needs plenty of other chew toys and try tabasco sauce on things once his mouth is burning he might want to stop it worked with my cat. It also depends on the breed.
    BellahMom

Answer by BellahMom at 1:04 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Try phooey. Its like bitter apple but way better. My dogs arent bothered by bitter apple either but the phooey did the trick.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:37 PM on May. 23, 2009

• there's a kind of treat you can get, i think it's called charcoal treats. it's not really charcoal tho. my mom said give it to my dog cuz he was tryin to eat wood. i could never find them at the store tho
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on May. 25, 2009