what is the best "mom job"?

I have a BA, and over a decade work experience. I have to find a new job because the business I worked for closed. I live in a small town so I need to direct my search toward something that can last. Oh, and I want to work around my family life.

artC1s

Asked by artC1s at 11:15 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• The best ones are the ones that you create. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    If you have a computer with high speed internet and Microsoft Office Pro and have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs and clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who make children's hair accessories in her basement and sells them to boutiques around the midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping and business organization; I also do career and job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, coverletters, job search strategy and interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 11:33 AM on May. 22, 2009

• We all know that being a Mom in itself is the BEST job :) You might want to look into your own business, that way you can be home with your family but still be contributing an income. I recently started with Ameriplan and I have complete control over when I work and how I do it. I get to work around my toddlers schedule(which isn't really a schedule) and I get to help people!!
    You really just have to find something that fits YOU, Good luck!!
    www.FreedomAtHomeTeam.com/ChristinaDennis
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 1:47 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Personally I think the best job is one you can get passionate about. One you are happy to brag about all day. I work 3 businesses.

I love them all. My personal favorite is Freebie Force. There really isn't enough room to put all the information here, but it's very simple! Join, get free stuff, tell others, they join, you get paid... Our 5X7 matrix means you get paid more and faster than you could imagine!

Get all the details HERE or you can visit my website and take the free tour.

www.FreebieForce.com/SabrinaMBowen

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:13 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I agree with SabrinaMBowen, you have to find something that you are passioate about. I absolutley love candles and I found a great opportunity with Gold Canyon Candles. I love their candles because I have kiddos and we all know that they like to get into things, gold canyons candles have a cool wax so my kiddos won't get burned by them and the wax is also a vegetable parrafin wax so just in case they happen to taste it it won't harm them. I would love to chat with you more about gold canyon if you are interested. You can pm me on here or my e-mail address is taben04@yahoo.com. Feel free to check out my website also at mygc.com/tarapiotrowicz to see all of our products. Good luck with your search. ~Tara
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 3:09 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I'm in school to be an MT, and military get in to the school for free!

I'm allso involved in my husbands business-Amsoil Dealer, When we are tight on cash I do ChaCha.

The home business I promote is free to start and was actually recently an awsered prayer.

I have a part time job outside as a pharmacy technician and it made me angry to find out that discount cards from corporate were not allowed to be used on pets-grrrr

So i set out to do something for those pet owners, then came procardia-the alternative to Ameriplan.

Work at home...and spend more time with

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:51 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I listed some good free sites I use at: Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:54 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I don't think it's a question of what type of job, but of the best employeer. My job offers flex time, paid maternity leave for moms AND dads and for adoptive parents. They are easy going about taking pto for your kids or shifting your schedule for doc appointments, etc just as long as you communicate it with the other employees. Obviously certain jobs cannot offer this flexability but if the company can but doesn't, then I wouldn't want to work there.
    Anonymous