Vacations

Does anyone take a vacation? The kind where you wake up, drive or fly somewhere, stay for about 5 days to longer and then drive or fly home. Instead of going on Friday coming back on Sunday type deal? I've been married for 3 years and have only been on one vacation. OUR HONEYMOON!! But everytime we get ready for one, something breaks down or something happens and we can't go. Does anyone else go on a vacation every year?

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 11:32 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't but I've often thought everyone else does except me! When first married and with first DD money was tight so our vaca's consisted of weekend camping trips. Alot of my friends who go on vaca's often are flying to visit family for a week or so, then it cuts down on a lot of expenses. Flash forward 15 years and I'm on 2nd marriage. Husband has a very stable job although doesn't make a heck of alot of money, I work ft but again- not a heck of a lot of money. So, we do get vacation pay from our jobs and often time spend about $500 for us and our 3 children to go somewhere fun for at least half the week. Not too far away. But, I do know how your feeling and I think about that quite often. My feeling is that people who do huge vacations every year are making the BIG bucks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on May. 22, 2009

• We're leaving July 13th and returning home the 19th. We're taking our boys and going to an offroad park about 3 hours from here. We're not into camping so we will be staying in a hotel with a pool so they can have some fun swimming. The park is close to Branson,MO so we might go there for a day, maybe to a water park or Silver Dollar city... That's our Summer vacation, I can't wait to go and have some fun with our kids...
    Never had anything stop us so far, so I'm hoping nothing happens this time,lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:49 AM on May. 22, 2009