How would you feel if your school included this in your childs curriculum?

I feel that this type of topic should be left for the parent to teach their children. What about you?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,521209,00.html

KathMW

Asked by KathMW at 11:33 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i didn't get it to show anything it says the page you requested cannot be found.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:35 AM on May. 22, 2009

• That depends - are you going to teach your kids that it's not right to make fun of people because they, or their parents, are gay or TG? Because a lot of people don't. Just like they don't teach them to not make fun of other kids because they are fat, or wear glasses, or have bad acne.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:35 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I would be pissed! That is like the sex talk when your 5! NOT the schools place, its the mother and fathers job to discuss that when it comes about.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 11:37 AM on May. 22, 2009

• would be happy that other kids might learn tolerence that my child was already taught in my own home. I am not gay or anything close. But, He will always be very open-minded and tolerent of all people no matter their color, creed or sexual orientation. And he will never allow anyone to bully or be bullied in his presence. He has stolled bullying many times. I would be all for it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:40 AM on May. 22, 2009

• *stolled=stopped
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:41 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I do not think that 5 is age appropriate for that type of information.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on May. 22, 2009

• It said that it teaches tolerance and to not bully. It doesn't say "Hey, two guy have sex this way" "Or hey, don't you want to go have sex with someone like you?" Geez. It's about teaching kids to not bully and so other kids aren't forced to come to school terrified. I think it should be mandated in ALL schools.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:48 AM on May. 22, 2009

• From the article:
    "The kindergartners will focus on the harms of teasing, "

Exactly how old does a child have to be before they can be told to be nice to EVERYONE?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:49 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I don't think you can do a blanket curriculum for that age range. Why can't tolerance and acceptance be taught as a whole? Why does it have to be sexuality specific? What's wrong with:
    Be nice to everyone
    Don't call people names
    Embraces differences
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Keep the part about bullying leave the sexuality out of it. And yes we have taught ouf children that any type of bullying is unexceptable.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:50 AM on May. 22, 2009