Are Adam and Eve the only ppl God made?

God made Adam and then Eve. When Cain killed Abel and God put a mark on his head so that other ppl would not hurt him and he was sent away to another city, where did the other ppl come from? I only remember three sons. Cain, Abel, and Seth. Do you know of more. I will review Genisis a bit later but I still want to know what you think.

debmom07

Asked by debmom07 at 11:35 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I also goes on to say that Adam lives such and such years and had many sons and daughters.

Actually, they could have had girls first. The bibly only mentions first born sons by name. Able was killed and Cain was banished, so, Seth is the next born son.

Either God made people not mentioned, or they are refering to the other kids they had.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:45 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Cain took one of his sisters with him. The mark on his head was to shame him.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 11:55 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Genesis 5:4 we read a statement that sums up the life of Adam and Eve: “After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters.”

Adam and Eve had a number of male and female children. Scripture doesn’t tell us how many children were born to Adam and Eve, but considering their long life spans (Adam lived for 930 years—Genesis 5:5), it would seem logical to suggest there were many.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/who-was-cains-wife

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 12:20 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Yes... they only mention the MALES because Femals don't matter throughout most the Bible. People begging God to have a SON all the time...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:45 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Back in Bible times, it says that the people lived for hundreds of years. Can you imagine all the kids that could be produced from one couple over that length of time?? lol..And, those children have children and so on and so on, etc. And, surely God only mentions Adam and Eve because they were His first creation of man and woman. He probably created many others, but they just were never mentioned in the Bible. Of course, in church I've always heard that we are all branches off of Adam and Eve. It's a little confusing...My question is, how did all the different races come to be? I mean, God had to have created at least one couple of each race right?
    That's a lot confusing to me. I'm surely gonna ask God when I get to heaven about that.
    See, even we Christians don't have all the answers. And most of us, have a lot of questions of our own. Sadly, some never admit to it. But we are all in a continuous process of learning .
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 1:33 PM on May. 22, 2009

• For one insight on where the other people came from read:

http://www.sanfords.net/Pagan_Humor_and_Thoughts/Other_People.html

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:49 PM on May. 22, 2009

• pagan mama I was just going to post that link... :)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:54 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I watched a History special where they implied that God actually had created a first woman, also from the earth, but she would not "lie beneath him" and so Adam got pissed and God made Eve from his rib to be subservient. It was left out of the bible, but its an interesting concept. I forget her name, but the story goes on to blame her for birth pain because she cursed Eve after being replaced for being independent.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 2:08 PM on May. 22, 2009

• pagan-mama,

Ya beet me to it!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:32 PM on May. 22, 2009

• mrs_pully,

You are thinking of Lilith.

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:54 PM on May. 22, 2009