How much do you hate baby food?

We hate baby food so much that the 10 month old is eating an all-table food diet at 10 months.
It's so disgusting! Mushy and iccky.. its ONLY plus is its portability.
Yeech... had to go!

kristal2146

Asked by kristal2146 at 12:04 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You know that I hate it. It smells gross, is sticky and stains awful. And when they first start on it, it is so runny that it is hard to spoon feed. Ugh!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:25 PM on May. 22, 2009

• 10 months is about the age my son had an interest in tablefoods. he hated pureed babyfood at that point. but I still made the food for him. I just started making it thicker and chunkier, sometimes adding tablefoods to the babyfood (like chunks of pear or peaches in applesauce). but now he's strictly on tablefoods (he's 13 m/o). which is kinda nice because at almost every meal we can share our food with him or he has his own portion. but now another stage. he's fickle about what he eats now and throws everything on the floor when he's "done" drives me nuts lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:09 PM on May. 22, 2009

• by ten months my dd had no interest in baby food anymore.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 12:18 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I am mixing my son's foods. He'll have puree fruit for breakfast, then mac n cheese, or pasta, or chicken or something like that for lunch or dinner and a puree veggie for what ever else. I have NEVER given him puree meat. YUCK!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:25 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Why is this in the just for fun section??

I don't hate baby food...my daughter loves it. Sorry that I can't join your hate bandwagon...
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:46 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I thought it was pretty good---except for the strained liver. Barf. My middle child,a daughter,would eat anything. Even the strained liver. LOL. My other two wanted table food as soon as they had a few teeth. The desserts are really good,tho, and the strained fruits. ;-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:59 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I love it. My Daughter loves it as well. We've been making our own for quite some time. I eat it quite a bit. We don't do the meats though. The veggies and fruits rock. Sometimes it's the only thing I can eat with my Crohn's.
    RissaBusch

Answer by RissaBusch at 1:57 PM on May. 22, 2009

• My older daughter was eating all table food by 10 months. I persdonally enjoy the bababas though :) Mary-Jayne (8 months) has already had cheerios, gerber puffs, gerber cookies, eggs, and mashed potatoes. Baby food is just annoying. I like giving her little bits of things she can feed herself and she likes to feed herself too.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:46 PM on May. 22, 2009