what in the world is this??

On wednesday it was really hot where i am and my MIL kept DD for a few hours while i went to work. When i got home and put DDs pjs on i noticed red bumps all over her back. They looked like little welts/pimples. So i called MIL to ask if she had noticed it and she got really defensive and was like "It was here when she got here!!!" but it wasnt i changed her before we left. It has not gone away since, she is acting normally and i thought maybe heat rash but her body is cool to the touch?? I have no clue what it could be, last month i changed detergent but this is the 2nd time her clothes have been washed in it. This is the 2nd time something came up after staying with MIL and i dont know what to do. Last time she got insane diarreha everywhere and when i called MIL to ask if it was there when she was over her house and she said no but then 4 hours later DF called and said his mom gave her funfetti cake icing and cool whip!

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 12:14 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• but she never told me thatso i dont know maybe she gave her something?? please give me ideas
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 12:15 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I think MIL should only have supervised visits with her....

It might be heat rash or something she ate. As long as she acts ok, she should be ok. Just keep an eye out on her and if she acts or looks different.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:20 PM on May. 22, 2009

• this happened to my neice...come to find out she is allergic to eggs. could be a reaction to some food she gives her when she's there....i know when my grandma gets around the kids all she wants to do is feed them she will just give them bites of alot of different stuff...lol i would keep an eye on her and if it gets worse i would call your doc. good luck
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 12:22 PM on May. 22, 2009

• How old is DD? Sounds like what happened to mine when their grandparents gave them foods to early, like my son couldnt eat strawberries untill he was 2 or 3 and when mil gave them to him at 10 months he had a reaction to them. Maybe call the Dr and have her seen so you have real proof of what it is to confront her again. GL and I agree with the supervised visits from now on, no more baby sitting if she cant respect your wishes.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:25 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Heat rash?
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:26 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Either heat rash(it takes sometime to go away) or she was fed something thats she sensative too. Have DH call and see what he can get ot of her. uGH!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:58 PM on May. 22, 2009

• It may be heat rash but it also may be an allergic reaction to the detergant b/c when it is hot your pores open and then you become more supseptible. Try giving the baby a bath with dove body soap (most moisturizing) so it cleanses the skin if it is a topical reaction.
    Anonymous

• I don' t think MIL is intentionally doing things to hurt your baby, but the fact that she lied to you once before worries me. I would confont her or not let her take the baby alone. She's proving that she can't be trusted.
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 9:21 PM on May. 22, 2009