Is extra virgin olive oil bad to cook with if I'm trying to lose some weight?

I eat super healthy throughout the day. Nothing but fruits and veggies, maybe a granola bar. At dinner, I usually eat boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked in evoo and some other veggie, occasionally a carb. I am also walking at least 5-6 miles a day. I want to lose about 14lbs in the next 7 weeks.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 12:22 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Olive oil is a heart healthy oil, it is good for you. I cook with olive oil all the time.

anon 11:48--I agree with you!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:19 PM on May. 23, 2009

• EVOO is the best way to go if you are trying to lose weight.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 12:27 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Actually, You need the EVOO to help your heart and to help move things along. Weight Watcher even has you eat 2tsp a day. You need oil in liquid form everyday.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:27 PM on May. 22, 2009

• but anything is bad if you use too much. moderation is key
    Anonymous

• No; use a cast iron pan, if you have one.
    It sound like you may not getting anywhere enough fiber, calcium or protein; you should be eating 6-7 servings of whole grains a day and eating 7-8 servings of fruits and veggies in at least 3 different colors. You might want to add beans, tofu and lentils for protein, iron and calcium. And drink lots of water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:29 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I don't think rkoloms gives good advice. It always looks like she copies and pastes her stuff from somewhere.
    Anonymous

• Extra Virgin Olive Oil is excellent! If you want some awesome recipes get the South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook. The food in there is sooooo yummy!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:44 PM on May. 22, 2009