home alone

i dont get it.i sit here everyone knows i am here yet nobody tries to contact me?i call and email them.i have no idea why they dont like me.i feel like i am living the life of job.i go to the gym not a word.whats up with this?i am trying to work out some things with my friend that she misunderstood but to no avail...job are you there...my question is this what Gods plan for me.i dont get it???

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 12:22 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• maybe your friends are busy.
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 12:26 PM on May. 22, 2009

• get off your butt and do something about it then why are you asking i dont know what your plan is only god knows that sorry your looking in the wrong place
    Anonymous

• Maybe it's time to focus on your walk with God alone, or maybe you're supposed to find different friends. Listen with your heart and you will know.
    Anonymous

• I think everyone feels that way sometimes. Some people are really good at making friends and others could go the same place for years and never make a friend. My advice would be to start looking outward instead of inward. Make it your goal to make other people feel good instead of waiting for them to notice you. If you don't work, try to get involved with something where the people you are around will have a common interest with you. I see there is already a response that isn't very nice. This isn't a bad question and alot of people might share you problem. Good Luck!
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 12:38 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I am the same way. I try to be nice and friendly to everyone I meet, but sometimes, some people just give me the brush off. I grew up being very painfully shy, and I guess deep down I still am. I have difficulty starting conversations around others because I don't know what to say. I like this chat group, because I can write how I feel and not have to try to say things face to face. Seems like maybe you're the same way. I believe I have social anxienty disorder, but haven't been diagnosed with it. Sometimes, it's just hard to meet people and make new friends. I try to go out of my way to smile and at least say "hello" to others when I see them. Bit by bit, it is bringing me out of my shell. Try to focus on your good points, and try to see the good in everyone. That's what I do. If you still are met with rejection, you need to look deeper within yourself to see if maybe you're giving off a "stand-offish" vibe to others. You
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:52 PM on May. 22, 2009

• know, some people view shyness as you being rude. It's not, but others being so judgemental doesn't make it any easier for you to open up. I truly do feel your pain and loneliness. My ten year old son is also experiencing some of the social and communication difficulties that i had as a child. When I see him being rejected even though he tries so hard to make friends, it just breaks my heart.
    Do you go to church? If not, maybe getting in a good, Bible-based church would help. Not only will you meet people, but you can listen to God speak to you through His written word. Your path is what God chooses for you, but you have to be open to Him before you'll "hear" what He's saying. God loves you and He will never leave nor forsake you. Pray often; He is a friend that will never turn you away or reject you. Good Luck and God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:57 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Ironically .. Im reading Job and going through it too !
    Take this time to spend with God and find out what His plan is. Pour out your heart to Him! He loves to hear from you :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:16 PM on May. 22, 2009

• If you look back and see your end of it, you may be better equip to answer your own question.. a majority of the time when you question why something is going on in your life, when you reflect back, you'll see the errors you've conducted in order to get to where you stand now... now you just have to find a way to correct those errors, without repeating those same mistakes.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:34 PM on May. 22, 2009

• maybe this is your season of discovery of self..maybe you need new friends, ones that you can depend on, be yourself with, etc. you can't make people do things or behave the way you want them to...you can only control what you do..friendship is a choice, just like love. idk your life/details, just thinking you might need to spend time alone to realize what kind of person you are and how to reveal yourself to the world..someone out there may be just the right 'size' for you, and be a better friend than you thought. don't narrow your vision, or you'll stay in this state. find things/hobbies/activities that you enjoy..you just may meet someone who is also looking for new friendships.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:35 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I would say that expecting to have God do things for you (instead of getting up and doing for yourself ) is getting you nowhere. Talk with the people who are ignoring you and maybe you will get closer to them and accomplish something instead of imagining that they don't like you. Or if that doesn't work, go out and mingle and find friends who are more like you,have the same interests. Anyway---you have to change your life all by yourself and use the God-given abilities you have. He starts you out but then he wants you to live your life using your brains. LOL.
    Anonymous