What would make you leave a relationship? Where do you draw the line?

I am talking about a long term relationship, one that you have been in probably atleast two years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• If he cheated on me or If me and my BF fought so much that it was affecting our kids. I would try councling first but if that didnt work then I would end it.
    LuckyCharmed200

Answer by LuckyCharmed200 at 12:42 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Abuse (whether that's verbal, sexual, physical or emotional towards me or our son)
    Drugs and/or drinking (after seeking counseling and still not stopping)
    Cheating
    Loss of being in love/becoming miserable (after counseling)

This is just my list. I'm sure there are things I can't think of that should, indeed, be on this list lol
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 12:42 PM on May. 22, 2009

• if SO cheated on me, or was physically abusive I'd be OUT
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:42 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Abuse, loss of love/interest in sex after months of trying to get it back. or him cheating.. and in my situation.. If he makes our bank account overdraft from buying porn again, or if he gets an email account and has women on it.. As these things have happened in the past and I won't go through all that again
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 12:44 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Abuse. My post last week explained what happened to me. He's gone...bye bye. Lonely as hell but I guess that comes with the territory.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 12:47 PM on May. 22, 2009

• well considering im ready to leave my SO of 4 years now....

loss of love.. i dont feel anything towards him any more.. its just like a roommate to me...
    Anonymous

• My breaking point was I lost myself, didnt have a partner, he used the money, put himself first, drank, smoked pot, work on and off, my daughter was noticing his mood swings and our quality of life sucked. He was a dead weight and I was dragging him thru life with me. I did everything and he still yelled at me, I tried every kind of help and he quit and refused it all. I finally gave up on him. I knew that when I walked out the door there was nothing else I could do to fix our life that I had given my all and I was exhasted. No looking back!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:54 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Cheating under all circumstances, abuse of any kind, lack of responsibility (putting friends first, financially, job related, staying true to his word etc.), and changing his goals. The last one is one I wouldn't have thought of before marriage, but since we've had a baby, I've had to put some life goals on hold. I'm ok with that for now because it comes with the territory, but when I'm ready to persue my goals and make a few checks on my "things to do before I die" list, if my husband doesn't want the same things in life anymore, I can't stay. Thankfully, I'm pretty confident that he'll be there because I brought that up to him a little bit ago and he was very supportive.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 12:59 PM on May. 22, 2009

• disrespect

Answer by admckenzie at 1:57 PM on May. 22, 2009