How far along should you be to get a a 3-D sonogram?

When is the best to see the baby moving and the sex? Did you have one? How far along were you?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:47 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We didn't find out the sex of our first with a 3D snac. It was just a regular in the doctors office black and white is that a hand or a foot scan lol. We were told it was a girl.... that was at 20 weeks.
    At 32 weeks we got a 3D scan and saw her PERFECTLY! It was awesome! Her cheeks were full and cute and she was blowing bubbles and sticking her tongue out! It was great! And we were told that day too that it was a girl.... Christa Ann came on July 4th last year =]
    I wouldn't have wanted to do the 3D scan too early cuz then you can't tell what they are really gonna look like. I liked seeing her with her cheeks filled out and such... too cute!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 3:51 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I got one at 18 weeks and the baby was definitely moving and I was told the baby was 90% chance a girl. At 24 weeks I went back and the baby was moving like crazy and was told it was definitely a boy! It all depends on the way the baby is positioned to find out the sex.
    Anonymous

• Well you won't be able to see much in the way of the 3D ultra sound as far as features are concerned until at least 27 to 28 weeks. The best week for it is 33 weeks because that's the week you get the best imagines. My BFF's MIL owns a 3D ultra sound place.

As far as the sex you can go around 20 weeks. Anything after 20 weeks will be most accurate. You can still see that baby moving but it won't be in 3D.
    Anonymous