Can you use NEW fish tank tubing for a breast pump?

I got a free breast pump from a freind whose not using it any more but Im going to buy a new sheild and tubing.. my SO wanted to save money and get fish tank tubing.. i told him no you cant he said why not its the same kind of tubing.. i wont need the pump til OCtober but i just wanted to know if he is right or i am right.. do have to use breast pump tubing or can use any tubing and cut it?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:49 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as it's clean, and it fits, then it will work. It doesn't matter what the tube is meant for, it only needs to push and pull air. It will never touch the milk or your breast. You don't even need new tubes unless there are holes in it. I have a used pump, and all I did was boil the breast cups. No need to replace something that only touches air.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:14 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I would say you can use any tubing. It is only air going threw it, you milk shouldnt really go threw tubes it normally goes right into the bottle.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:54 PM on May. 22, 2009