Birth Control: NuvaRing

Have you or anyone you know used it? What has been your experience and would you recommend it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Health

• I just started it. Ive only been using it for a week though.. So far, so good.
    ktnunna

Answer by ktnunna at 1:02 PM on May. 22, 2009

• What about a diaphram? It has no hormones, zero side effects, perfectly safe.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:32 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I've heard diaphrams have a very high failure rate. I used the pill for years and decided after being off them to conceive our children that it caused anxiety for me. I talked to the dr. about other options, & he suggested Nuva Ring because it has very low hormones. Well, it caused the same problems and I think killed my sex drive. I quit using birth control & now feel much better. As for the ring's effectiveness and ease of use, I really liked it. I had very light periods, and I never felt like I had something up there, and my husband never felt it during sex. You have to really make sure you have it written on every calendar, and you can download a reminder on your computer. It was hard to remember when to put it in & take it out. Oh, also my health insurance didn't consider it a regular RX, so I had to pay out of pocket & then get reimbursed later. That was a huge pain! I was paying $63 for it & got back 1/2.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 2:46 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I used it after i had my daughter and i am now 8 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby. My daughter was 10 months old when i got pregnant. My doctor said i could have gotten pregnant because it has such a low dose of hormones. I will never use nuva ring again because i don't want another unplanned pregnancy. If you decide to try it good luck, but i wouldn't recommend it.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:58 PM on May. 22, 2009