SAHMs, would you stay with your husband if he cheated on you?

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 1:10 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I did. He (my boyfriend, son's father) "cheated" on me with the babysitter (only kissed, but it was my world and she was a friend and there were dreams exchanged and all sorts of things.) I stayed for about 6 months and we separated for about a year after that. We are back together and have been back together for almost a year now. There are still major trust issues, but he insists he will never do it again. He learned his lesson and you can bet my wrath came down hard. He better have learned cuz the next time it happens, Im outta here. :)
    bailey.

Answer by bailey. at 1:17 PM on May. 22, 2009

• It depends. If its once than no. We would probably separate but i dont think that is grounds for divorce.
    Anonymous

• I would make preparations to leave, but only as a preparation and stay for the child. If I can't trust my husband with the relationship, why should I with my life? What I'm speaking of is an "F*You" bank account.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 1:18 PM on May. 22, 2009

• It would depend on the circumstances.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:36 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I personally dont believe in staying "for the kid/kids" they are the ones hurt in the long run. That being said, no, I did not and would not stay with a man that cheats. Vows are spoken for a reason.
    loving_mom7

Answer by loving_mom7 at 1:40 PM on May. 22, 2009

• id divorce.. people try to say they wanna work there marriage out for there children but if you have no trust towards yours husband after he cheated and are just unhappy because of it your not helping your children, your making it stressful
    em9x

Answer by em9x at 1:58 PM on May. 22, 2009

• sahms never leave if he cheats. Where would she go? How would she live? She finds some excuse to forgive him every time he does it. She lets him walk all over her and destroy her self esteem so she'll have a free place to live and be taken care of. He knows that. It's why he keeps on cheating and she keeps closing her eyes to it.
    Anonymous

• THAT IS THE ONE THING I WOULD NOT TOLERATE! BUT THEN AGAIN EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.

Answer by older at 2:13 PM on May. 22, 2009

• anon 2:03...you're making a pretty broad generalization there. It's true that some women do tolerate what they shouldn't but don't assume that all sahms never leave after they're husbands cheat. Some do leave and some don't...and the ones who don't don't always stay simply so they'll have a "free place to live and be taken care of". Some stay because they still love thier husbands and have hope that they will change, some stay because their families pressure them into it, some stay because they just believe that that's the way men are and nothing will change that...some even stay because they're married to violent men and fear for their and their children's actual safety. Every situation and every individual case is different. I can't see myself continuing my marriage if my dh cheated, I think I would feel too sad and betrayed, but then again, it hasn't happened...so I can't really predict what my feelings will truly be like.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 2:28 PM on May. 22, 2009

• It depends. Do I sit on my ass, complain constantly about things that are my job, use my kids as an excuse for everything from gaining a ton of weight to never wanting sex, walk around is sweats and a t-shirt with my hair on top of my head all day thinking well I'm not going anywhere? Then yes I'd stay because it was my own damn fault he cheated. But If I took care of him, the kids, the house, and myself without losing that lust we had before we married then no. Because it would be because he just didn't love me anymore so what would be the point.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 4:24 PM on May. 22, 2009