do have to let him back into my home?

my friend's bf is obnoxious and really pisses me off. he came over last night to visit and my friend wanted to see the snake. the visit starts off with the bf accusing me of speeding and drinking and i dont do either. ppl say i drive like a grandma cause i go about 5 UNDER the speed limit and i dont even allow alchol in my house. i completely lost it when the friend went to see the snake and i told both no sudden movements and no loud noises, so then the boyfriend comes in yellin so does the snake bite will it bite me and pushed me out of the way so he can bang on the tank. and i grabbed his arm and threw him back then told him off. my hubby had to hold me back cause i was so pissed. i dont want this guy to come over to my house period cause he is always pushin my buttons. i cant seem to make my friend understand i dont want him over. and my dh says to bite my tongue .... CONTINUED

bonnie-jo

Asked by bonnie-jo at 1:10 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• He doesn't respect you, your rules, your feelings, your household, your pets. What the hell is wrong with your friend? He sounds like a real asshole. I'm sure your hubby just wants to not be involved in drama, but it sounds like there isn't any until this idiot shows up. Tell your friend not to bring him around, that you would love to spend time with her, but he is causing problems so she's gonna have to make time for you and deal with him... she picked him, you didn't, and even though we don't always like our friend's choices, in this case there are valid reasons to exclude him. If you want to take the lead in letting him know yourself, calmly and adultlike, that he is no longer welcome, then you can avoid placing that burden on your friend.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:14 PM on May. 22, 2009

• i dont want my kids around that kind of behavior ( his and mine) i just go into defense mode when ever he is around and always on edge. i should have to feel like that in my own home
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:12 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I sure as heck wouldnt..its ur house and if ur friend cant handle that you dont like them then oh well!
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 1:13 PM on May. 22, 2009

• It's your house. If your friend won't respect your wishes, maybe she shouldn't come over any more either.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 1:40 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I would not allow him in your home if he does not respect you or you rules. If your friend does not see it then ask her to come without him or not at all. Maybe meet outside of the house for a hwile.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:51 PM on May. 22, 2009

• no one should be allowed in your home that doesn't respect you or your rules of the house

Answer by admckenzie at 2:00 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Truth of the matter is that it IS YOUR HOUSE--he ( friend's BF) has not legal rights to YOUR HOUSE--so NO you DO NOT HAVE TO LET HIM BACK IN YOUR HOME.....If the issue is with your friend--one of two things--tell her she can go to--or deal with your decision!
    sweetemotions

Answer by sweetemotions at 2:07 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Repeating what sweetemotions said:
    Truth of the matter is that it IS YOUR HOUSE--he ( friend's BF) has not legal rights to YOUR HOUSE--so NO you DO NOT HAVE TO LET HIM BACK IN YOUR HOME.....If the issue is with your friend--one of two things--tell her she can go to--or deal with your decision!
    rhiannond

Answer by rhiannond at 2:17 PM on May. 22, 2009