Has anyones marriage been effected by the birth of their child?

I feel like I don't have much of a relationship with my hubby lately. He has work and school. By the time he gets home and showers and eats, it is bedtime. Is there a way to reconnect? We still love each other but I feel alone. I love my son and he is my world now, but I need a little adult interaction and its hard with no car during the daytime and no friends near by. I miss the days where my hubby and I would just have fun and cuddle.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 1:25 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• My relationship with my husband has changed SO much! I have no advice for you (sorry). I will say, however, you're not alone.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 1:32 PM on May. 22, 2009

• ur a parent now -get used to it. tell him u want to get together 1 night a week when the baby goes to bed, and leave him love notes reminding him about it. i have a baby too and its not like it used to be- i have to sleep in the babys room- so he doesnt wake up daddy in the middle of the night -cause daddy works 2 jobs. i go to the park with baby, if u cant get there push in the sroller somewhere to get out and around other adults.
    Anonymous

• im in the same situation..no car, no adults around, plus it's too damn hot here to go for walks. We have nothing to talk about except our daughter! By the time baby is sleeping im ready for bed as well. I hate that we never get to have fun with each other anymore since he works all week and i work weekends. I am starting school again soon and I am hoping having a little time away from the baby and getting out into the world will help with my energy, things to talk about, and my sanity! I hope with time life will calm down and we can go back to normal!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 2:05 PM on May. 22, 2009

• How much longer does he have with school? Remember that it is temporary.

BTW- DH and I shower together. It's our alone time to talk about whatever, and it's a nice little connection to bathe each other. Might be something good. (BTW- we shower after the kids are at least in their rooms; if not asleep)
    rhiannond

Answer by rhiannond at 2:19 PM on May. 22, 2009