support and advice

my husband is going into the airforce. what advice would you give me, warnings, precautions, positives, negatives. ill take anything thank u :)

NewLady1

Asked by NewLady1 at 1:36 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There's a lot of really cool military mommies on here. Maybe you could search through the groups for one that suits you? I'm not a military wife/mom so I don't have any first hand advice, but stick with the moms on here, they're great!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:43 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Well I am an Air Force wife and I love the life personally. There are so many great things that go along with the military life! The only thing I don't like is the deployments. And a lot of things depend on his job. Where he will be deployed to, how long the deployments are, the chances of being stationed over-seas, etc. The benefits are GREAT! Lol but i'm sure everybody has heard that =) I also love the security of knowing he will always have a job and there's no chance of being "layed off" with the way the economy is. If you have any specific questions or want more advice, you can just message me!!!
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 1:52 PM on May. 22, 2009

• My advise to u is move "back home with ur family" if u are in another state. Military life is tough. My hubby went to Saudi Arabia and left me with 3 young kids - we ended up getting a divorce 3 yrs after he came back. I am in my 2nd marriage now and I would never live that way again. My youngest was being diagnosed when he left and the military would not let him stay and support me. The neighbors hung ribbons all around- when what i needed was for somebody to ask me what they could do to help? I could have used a babysitter to have an hour for myself once a week. I could have used a cooked meal so i could have a break from cooking every night , and to save money on food. It turned out my youngest was severley Autistic and delayed and had behavioe problem and no sense of danger. STRESS. He needed tubes in his ears, my hubby was gone for this. If you gave me a million- i would not live threw that again. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• WHY WOULD ANY ONE WANT TO GO INTO A WAR ZONE, CAUSE THAT IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO MOST PEOPLE JOINING THE MILITARY RIGHT NOW.
    Anonymous

• Anon, 2:03 that is not supportive or advice. That is so rude. Our solders are doing what your Governments asks of them and their families have to work twice as hard to make up for their absence. They deserve your respect, not your judgements!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:20 PM on May. 22, 2009

• And to anon..it has nothing to do with that! It has to do with your job and the need of people with that job in certain places. My husband is a U-2 mechanic and he is deploying next month and he is going to an area where there is nothing going on! It's just a matter of what you sign up to do and when you pick a job that you know could be deployed to a war zone, its obviously something you wanted. Plus the Military is one of the only things where you know there's no chance of getting layed off and you have peace of mind knowing you have a stable job and can continue supporting your family!! And to anon way up there ^^ I'm sorry you had a rough experience and things didnt work out for you, but the majority of people I have ever known like the way of life and I think you were just one of the few exceptions!!
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 2:56 PM on May. 22, 2009