Some questions about getting membranes stripped...

What week were you when your doctor or midwife did it?

How many times did you have it done?

Did you go into labor? If so, how soon?

I'm only 34 weeks but doctor is already talking about the possibility of induction and I do NOT want a medical induction with pitocin so I'm wondering about the whole stripping of the membranes thing.

Are there less risk to having this done than to having a full induction?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doctor wouldn't do it until the day after my due date. It worked for me. I started getting contractions right away and was in active labor 2 days later. I don't know what the risks are, but I wouldn't want my doctor to do it at 34 weeks. I still had a c-section, but that's because my son was 10 pounds and I'm really small (when I'm not pregnant I weigh 108 at the most)
    Anonymous

• I guess I should clarify. She's talking about induction around 37 weeks. She's just already started talking about it and so I wanted info on getting membranes stripped around that time instead.
    Anonymous