Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


my man is in debt and we are to be married in august.... he is paying for something that someone else has..... someone was supposed to take over the payments and never did so we are paying out like $300 a month for something that someone else has... his so called freind gave it to some one but made them pay for it but never paid my man.... this dude just got out of jail and said he will get it delt with but nothing is happening.... this object is in my mans name but we dont know where it is the man that has it said if we try to get it he will strip it and that will be the end of it... we have a 5 month old son and i want to get this delt with and i dont know what to any of you have any suggestion on how to get this delt with before i marry him and take on all of his debts... because this is just one of them

Answer Question

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:50 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Relationships

Level 16 (2,610 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I guess you have to decide if the debts are more important or if being married to him is more important to you. If the debts bother you, maybe you should postpone the wedding, because i guarantee you this will be something that will be a "dark shadow" over your marriage and inevitably turn into a huge argument over and over in time.

    If you really want to marry him, knowing the types of people he associates with and know the history between him and these individuals, you should prepare yourself for the possibility that he will always trust these people or help them out unless he's told you otherwise.

    He needs to either file a civil suit in court(if he has the money to file) or report the car stolen. I think this is a lesson, hopefully, not to trust this person and to let go of all ties with him(the scamming friend), period. Good Luck.

    Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:05 PM on May. 22, 2009

  • If there is a contract, then you can take the person to court for the money. If there is no contract, and the item is in your name- you can take the person to court and at least get the item back.

    Answer by rhiannond at 2:12 PM on May. 22, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.