9-month checkup

Does anyone know what happens at the 9-month checkup? From what I understand they don't get any shots? What was your experience like? I'm asking because after his appointment we're driving 3 hours and if he does get a shot, I'd like to postpone the appointment. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You would want to check with your pedi to be sure, but most don't get shots at 9 months. Just weighed and measured.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:55 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I took my son to his 9 month check 2 weeks ago and he didn't get any shots. They just weighed him, measured him, and checked him out and it was over.
    tannersmomkw08

Answer by tannersmomkw08 at 1:57 PM on May. 22, 2009

• No shots at 9 months, my daughter's last appointment was 9 month check up and I remember my son's as well, no shots. Just ckecking to make sure they're alright.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 2:03 PM on May. 22, 2009

• no shots unless they were behind on a type of shot.. call your ped. and ask them what is needed, and tell them your situation... however I would try to see if you can find on in your area, so your not making such a long drive. You can do a few things to help make this easier...

1- get out a measuring stick/tape, and measure your baby, and try to get a weight (doesn't have to be right on as far as ounces go..) and write them down.
    2- write down what your baby is eating, drinking, and the times, as well as naps.
    3- write down any milestones your baby has hit since your babies last check up..
    4- call your peds office, explain your situation, and give them these details so they can relay them to your dr... so they have them on file, as long as they confirm that no shots are necessary.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:30 PM on May. 22, 2009

• i just took my daughter last week for her nine month check up and she got only one it was the second hep b not a major one. but every pedi docyors office is diffrent
    1Lilly

Answer by 1Lilly at 2:31 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Mine also got her second hep b and a blood test to make sure she was getting enough iron. The shot wasn't bad, but I wanted to beat the snot out of the nurse when she did the blood test. They pricked her finger and then squeezed her finger to get the blood. I'm a very tough person, but even I teared up at that one.
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 9:17 PM on May. 22, 2009