Dream about work and my ex.....any clue what it could mean?

I had this dream this morning, I dreamt that I was at work (and it was my last day because I had a new job closer to home I was going to start), well I was sitting at the table talking with one of my co-workers and out of the blues walks in my ex boyfriend (who lives in another state), he walks up to me and suprises me and hugs me and gives me a couple of really passionate kisses and tells me he is moving back up here and going to stay with relatives until he gets settled. I introduce him to my co-worker and after he leaves I am torn, do I start my new job, or should I stay at my current job. Mind you me and this guy are just friends and we have just caught up with each other not too long ago, we both have relationships we are in, so I am totally baffled by this dream. What does it all mean, and why would him showing up make me change my mind about leaving my job (I am not really leaving my job, just in my dream)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's just a dream.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:08 PM on May. 22, 2009

• dreams mean what you think they mean. I dreamed last night I was a chinese man and I'm a white girl. I don't think it meant anything more than I love to put myself in other people's shoes! Its more important how YOU react to the dream than the dream itself.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 2:11 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Maybe your relationship with your hubby feels like a chore/job lately? Maybe the job is a symbol of your marriage. Is it possible you've hit a "dry spell" in your relationship and maybe have thought about your ex lately?? It's clear as you have stated that you have no intention of dating this guy friend of yours, so maybe seeing him a little while ago has brought up subconscious thoughts about him which manifested in your dreams. Maybe you remember a time when you felt secure with your ex and you long for that again. If that's the case, talk to your hubby and get things spiced up again in your relationship. Go out to dinner, have a romantic night in with take-out, do something that brings you closer for a "fresher" and "newer" relationship.

Having a new job closer to home could symbolize your heart, and the feeling of security/stability a home/good relationship can often have.

Just my thoughts on this. LOL :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:12 PM on May. 22, 2009

• go to dreamdictionary.com and you can look up what your dream means.. get out a pen and paper, and write out your dream.. then go through it and look up individual words that stuck out.. ex. your ex.

after you have all the meanings, go through and put them into your dream.. and you'll have your answer.. or go to the CM groups.. they have dream interpreters that will do it for you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:15 PM on May. 22, 2009

• It means you feel you are stuck in the past & not moving forward.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:46 PM on May. 22, 2009

• nysa00 nailed it. You are feeling stuck.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:15 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Stuck in my present life? And wanting to go back to my old life perhaps?
    Anonymous

• .....and maybe wanting change, but second guessing myself and not making changes?
    Anonymous

• Was this boyfriend your first love?
    Anonymous

• Not sure if he was technically my first love, but he was my first serious boyfriends, and my first........well you know. But I don't how deep the love really ran.
    Anonymous