Almost 5 months

My son is almost 5 months old and every time we put him in his car seat he screams and cries. He eventually calms down after a bit but is this normal? Is there anything I can do to make getting in easier for him? He has all kinds of toys and we talk to him as we are about to put him in and while putting him in, and of course after too.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 2:08 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he is still in the infant carrier then maybe he is uncomfortable. At about that age I moved my dd to a convertible carseat and she has been much happier since. But I still can't go on long rides unless I know she is going to sleep. She just likes to see what is going on and such. I think it will subside a bit when she is forward facing. Best of luck!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:12 PM on May. 22, 2009

• try scheduling them during nap times, and play some soothing music (start up the car before placing baby in the car seat, so that the music is already playing).. .my DD wouldn't sit in a car if there wasn't any music. Perhaps buying a mirror for the car (they sell them at Walmarts and targets) so your baby can see you as well.. sometimes just seeing mommy is all the baby needs. They are pretty cheap too.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:33 PM on May. 22, 2009