I am thankful for my breakup because....

I am sure we are all with wonderful men at this point in our lives or at least in healthy relationships...or maybe happily single. Just wondering what you have learned from your most recent breakup. I heard this question on the radio this morning and heard funny things like women saying "they are no longer broke"! With me i was in a very unhealthy relatioship with an abusive guy for almost 2 years and I am thankful for my breakup with him because I wouldn't have met my husband who I've been with for almost 11 years and wouldn't have our 3 wonderful kids (one more on the way!), would of probably ended up pregnant with the jerk's kids and being a battered wife!

LuvmyFam6

Asked by LuvmyFam6 at 2:12 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't of met my husband and he wouldn't of given me the greatest gift of all my daughter.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:24 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I'm thankful because I learned that a person really had to have a backbone and have a true moral compass to be with me. I was engaged to a guy who was a total momma's boy and was very catholic, yet was best friends with a guy who tried to rape my coworker. I told him about that and they stayed friends- I could never be with someone like that.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 2:29 PM on May. 22, 2009

• My ex husband helped direct me towards my love for horticulture. He had a landscape design company, & I learned SO much about plants. I still have an obsession with plants of ALL kinds, I have a lot of knowledge of plant life & I now have a green thumb. All learned because of my ex husband. I am greatful for that.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:41 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I wouldnt have had either one of my kids!!!! ( I didn't get pg with my ex and didn't have my first kid until 32)
    Anonymous

• Realized what kind of person he really was once I gained distance... I had known about the emotional abuse but lived with it... I have my 3 treasures and am glad to be with out him in my life... lol for some reason his new g/f thinks I want him back lol she can keep him... actually she can take him far far away lmao! He tends to drain your pocket, drinks to much, lazy as he!!, mentally abusive... when we met he wore a good mask!!! I am soooooo happy to be single and done with the drama!
    Anonymous