going into labor?

Im 39 weeks and yesterday I had my bloody show (well there was blood on my mucus if that is wut the bloody show is) and im 3cm and 50 percent effaced. would walking and having sex help go into labormore now since all thisis happening or not really? When I hadmy first I spotted blood on my mucus the nght before I had my first. But Im not feeling any contractions so Im wondering what I can do to help labor start.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'd try walking
    Anonymous

• Walk and have sex. Walking really helped me go into labor with my 1st born. Don't overdo it. Good luck!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 2:24 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Seeing as how you are 39 weeks, you WILL be in labor very soon. The thing is, no matter what you try, if your body and your baby aren't ready yet...nothing will happen.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 2:56 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Yes it can help. There are certain hormones in sperm that help to soften and ripen the cervix AND orgasm can jump start contraction. Walking and any exercise that uses gravity can help.

You may also try some raspberry leaf tea or cumin tea. You can buy the raspberry leaf tea just make sure the ingrediants say "red raspberry leaves." The cumin tea you can make by placing 1 cumin seed (can be bought in the spice ile of most grocery stores) in 1 cup of boiling water and letting it steep for 5 minutes. Add a cube of raw potatoe to soak up the bitterness and add honey or sugar to taste.

Both are SAFE and can being on contractions. The Cumin tea is actually used by midwives in latino communites to bring on labor when it is needed.
    Anonymous

• Actually...raspberry leaf tea does not bring on contractions. It helps to strengthen the uterine muscles. Again, anything you try (including sex ) will only work if your body and your baby are ready.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 6:43 PM on May. 22, 2009