School is almost out.

Do you plan on working with your children throughout the summer to help reinforce their skills learned? I will three times a week till school starts and will use Summer Solutions.

Christine0813

Asked by Christine0813 at 2:21 PM on May. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, I'm a former teacher. I am always doing something with my son. But, this year is a little different. He is in a different school system that can afford to have summer school. It used to be if someone went to summer school; it meant your grades weren't good enough. This school is offering it to everyone. They are going to reinforce their skills and make it fun. The kids won't have to take any tests, no grades...nothing. It's about fun. They will get to go on field trips and swimming and watch a movie. Personally, it should be called...Summer Enrichment Program instead of summer school.

Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:03 PM on May. 22, 2009

• We have software for Prarie State, PSAT, ACT and SAT prep that our new HS student will be using at least once a week over the summer. She will probably take some kind of geomtry class, because she has to repeat it next school year (she is in a 6 year high school program).

Answer by rkoloms at 2:27 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Just in reading for the middle 2 kids probably. My son is going into 2nd grade and still struggling to read (he's probably at a kindergarten level) and my 6yo is going into 1st grade and can't read at all.
    They have to practice their reading 15 minutes in the morning if they want to go swimming. My oldest also has to read.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:41 PM on May. 22, 2009