Is it a compliment or not when most people think you are 5 or 6 years younger than your chronological age?

bella69147

Asked by bella69147 at 2:24 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am 46 years old and I have people telling me all the time that I look younger. My doctor thought I was 37.

I recently met some new neighbors and the lady I met is the same age as me. She thought I was younger and I said, "No, I'm a lot older than you think." And, I told her my age. We are the same age and compared birthdays. LOL I am older by a few months. So I take it as a compliment.

Also, there is another reason why people think I'm so young. It's my voice. I have a very high pitched voice. I even got the part of Betty Boop in college without trying. I missed a rehearsal and my fellow singers voted me the part. LOL so, I take it all as a compliment.

I figure that time will catch up with me, so for now, I'm grateful that other people think I'm younger than I really am...

Safirejewl
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 2:41 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I'm 22.. Married with an 8 year old stepson. At least once a week, either at work or something, someone asks me.. What high school do you go to ? Yeah, I think it's NOT a compliment!! haha..
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 2:25 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Yeah, my MIL sometimes says I look like the 13 year-old babysitter. I do NOT feel complimented by this. She doesn't mean any harm by it though.

Oh I'm almost 29 BTW.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:29 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I am on the far side of 40, and my husband is 8 years younger than I am. I LOVE when people think that I am younger than him...

Answer by rkoloms at 2:30 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Well it depends on WHY they said it. If its because of maturity then that could be a diss, but if its looks that could be a compliment. On the flip side, they could also be saying you have a youthful personality and you aren't drab, OR that you are unsophisticated. Lol, so it could just be either or.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:30 PM on May. 22, 2009

• My hubby gets annoyed and says to dress older.But when a waiter asked for id for a drink laast year, he flipped out.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 2:32 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I used to get mad because im 19 and look like im 12. And i would get mad when people would say that but then i started to think about it.....Im not going to look like im 80 when i get up there lol it makes me feel better with looking younger =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:33 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Dunno if it's a compliment or not, it just is what it is. It never bothered me at all, though, even when I was much younger.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:42 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I get annoyed when someone says I look like a teenager or ask for my ID when buying cigs or what not. I'm 20, I have been married for 2 yrs, and have had a daughter. By no means should I look like a teen anymore lol. Now if I was 40 or so, I would be thrilled for someone to say I look 30-something.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:43 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I think it depends on how old you are maybe. I'm 35 so that would be a total compliment to me.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 2:54 PM on May. 22, 2009