I dont get it....

How can you tell if your measuring small? What exactly are they measuring? Sry i guess this is a stupid question

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 2:41 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They measure the height of your fundus...which means from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus. Generally, the # of inches it is coincides with the #of weeks you are. For example, 20 wks, you measure 20".
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 2:43 PM on May. 22, 2009

• You can measure from the top of the belly to the pelvic bone, to determine if your belly is measuring where it should..it's a fairly accurate measurement as to how long the baby is I believe. Course...I'm not 100% sure.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 2:44 PM on May. 22, 2009

• meant to put "how far along the baby is"
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 2:45 PM on May. 22, 2009

• It's the number of CENTIMETERS not inches. Whew I couldn't imagine measuring 40 INCHES by the end of this pregnancy. LOL

Any way other than the inches part the above poster is correct. The amount of weeks you are should be the amount of centimeters your measuring. Sometimes women meaure a little small or a little big and most of the time it's no big deal and nothing to worry about.
    Anonymous

• Buahahaha....thanks anonymous. Yeah, 40 inches would be SUPER scary. Thanks for the fix.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 6:46 PM on May. 22, 2009