Should I put my kid in a twin bed?

My three year old girls currently in a Dora toddler bed. Should I put her in a twin bed? The only thing really holding me back is she's not night potty trained. She currently wears pull ups at nite. As soon as she starts having constant dry pull ups in morning I am going to leave her in pull ups. Should i wait till shes completely trained before putting her in twin bed? I dont want pee stains all over bed. What do you think? I think she wants to change beds since her 2 yr old sis is going to be trainsoforming her crib into toddler this weekend.

MamaOf3Girls09

Asked by MamaOf3Girls09 at 2:45 PM on May. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• I believe you can buy waterproof covers for a twin bed, that way you can save your mattress, and she can be a big girl :D!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 2:46 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I would put her in a twin and buy a good mattress pad to protect it. It will make her feel like a big girl.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 2:47 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I don't see a connection between being potty trained and having a twin size bed. You can get a mattress cover for the bed that's twin size and leave her in pull-ups as well until she's night time potty trained. My son is almost 4, sleeps in a twin size and still has night time pull-ups.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 2:48 PM on May. 22, 2009

• ty for ur input i wasnt tryin to sound like an idiot. i just have sum people tellin me shes 3 she should be nite trained im like she just got day training down geez i do agree though put her in twin bed she will feel like big girl...i mean sum kids are in pullups at nite till 4-5 n older when she wakes up dry we will try undies at nite...thats wat worked during day...thanks for ur input! i just need reassurance sumtimes:)
    MamaOf3Girls09

Answer by MamaOf3Girls09 at 2:53 PM on May. 22, 2009

• My kids were all in a twin at 15 months.

I have mattress covers over all three of their mattresses. Believe me, I KNOW they work!!

Vinyl mattress protecting cover, regular mattress cover then make the bed. I wash the sheets and the regular mattress cover and just give the vinyl cover a wipe!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:01 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Buy a twin-sized mattress protective, waterproof pad. I think you can get them as fitted sheets, also. Check with home medical supply stores to inquire.

Usually, girls are potty trained easily between 2 years old and 2 and 1/2 years old. Do you have a small potty chair, low to the floor, to make it easier? Also, try to get her to practice on it at times you have observed her usually needing the bathroom...when she gets excited, rewarded with a sticker or something fun, she will slowly associate it as a good thing to do herself. If she sits on it and does not go, let her get up five or ten minutes later...a long time for a little kid to sit there...maybe just five minutes if everything is quiet in the home and she is not tense or distracted. Then, be sure to smile and cheerfully say, "You'll be able to do it soon!" (That way, she won't associate "bad" things happening to her with that potty training experience.)
    Mom401

Answer by Mom401 at 4:46 PM on May. 22, 2009