Why dont some parents get there children vacinated?

I have noticed on some of the profiles, posts and things that some parents dont vacinate there children, and i was just curious as to why! I didnt know you had a choice i thought you had to do it! This is just something i am wondering about i am not trying to offend anyone! So please dont take it that way!

luvmylilman2007

Asked by luvmylilman2007 at 2:47 PM on May. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• some people think "the vaccines are harmful or dirty" (even tho its the same shit we was given as kids) or they cause "autisim" ... its all in their heads to be honest ... one day they'll see
    Anonymous

• They still believe the garbage about them being linked to Autism (it's not) and they don't like the list of ingredients that go into those particular possibly life saving vaccines.
    Anonymous

• There's been alot of controversy regarding vaccinations and how they are harmful to children. I've never know anyone personally that has suffered from vaccinations. All my 3 children have gotten all their shots and have had not health issues. I am having a baby soon and plan to have my son vaccinated..just like your first posting says..this is all stuff that went into our bodies when we were younger.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:01 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Because of what goes into making the vaccines , the side affects of the vaccines, Prior reactions in family, and the lack of testing that goes into vax's before they are said to be "ok" for our children, not wanting our children to be lab rats for the pharma compaines........There are many reason and it is impossible to list all of them.
    casd

Answer by casd at 3:05 PM on May. 22, 2009

• There are a lot of parents that are concerned about the possible toxins in the vaccines, or the doctors giving too many at one time and shocking the childrens systems or vaccines causing autism, etc. Personally it was my choice to vaccinate my children, but if someone else doesn't choose to do so, it doesn't put my vaccinated children at risk. Everybody makes their own choices based on the best information they have and the desire to do the best for their children.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:14 PM on May. 22, 2009

• you do have a choice. do some research, it might change your mind
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:32 PM on May. 22, 2009

• You do have a choice. Vaccines cause serious problems and death. So if it were illegal to refuse vaccinations, and a child died because the law said s/he had to be vaccinated, they'd be liable. So the choice is yours. There are multiple opinions on the subject. But even the pro vax docs know they aren't safe. Other wise, they wouldn't make you sign that liability and risk acceptance form. (the one saying you understand the dangers of the vaccine and that you won't sue them if something goes wrong) The list of reasons goes on forever. Join the Choosing Not To Vaccinate group or PM me if you're having second thoughts. If you have no interest changing your mind, there's really no need for you to ask why.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 4:51 PM on May. 22, 2009

Autism is hardly the only reason. It's rude to assume you know what others are thinking. Those same vaccines are possibly life ending FYI
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 4:53 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Do your own research...look up statistics, the diseases themselves, and the fatality rate of the diseases. I don't think chicken pox is something children NEED a vaccination for...sorry!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:34 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Thats a good question I think that its not right to not get them vaccinated.
    AbbeysMom5507

Answer by AbbeysMom5507 at 5:50 PM on May. 22, 2009