Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to stop an unwanted guest from comming to our wedding?

Ok so my fiance and I have decided to not invite his mother to our wedding because she is a doped up drug addict that we have not spoken to for over a year and actually none of her kids want anything to do with her and refuse to go to our wedding if she will be there. Well through the family she found out when and where our wedding will be and has said that she is going to come anyway.... This could be a major problem because she will cause a big fighting scene how do we prevent her from coming? our wedding is an outside wedding too. what do we do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • Security?

    Answer by vicki136 at 2:48 PM on May. 22, 2009

  • Yep, hire security and give them a recent photo. If she comes, they are to call the police right away.


    Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on May. 22, 2009

  • I agree. Hire security.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on May. 22, 2009

  • Can you have a friend (male preferably) keep an eye out for her, and if she shows up simply have him ask her to leave, if she refuses, he can call the police and have her escorted for "disorderly conduct". Seems a little harsh, but given the circumstances it is YOUR day(you and hubby to be) and if she truly loved her son, she would respect his wishes and not push herself on him and you that day. I'd rather have ten minutes of the cops and her yelling, then a whole wedding reception and ceremony of her drug-induced drama ruining the whole day.

    He should talk to his mom. Tell her if she truly wants to go, head to rehab and she is welcome to come. Other than that there's nothing else you can do that I can think of.

    Course we have some pretty bright moms here on CM so maybe someone else has a better idea out there LOLLLLLLLLL

    Good Luck.


    Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:53 PM on May. 22, 2009

  • Some cops will do security jobs when they are off duty. Not sure how you would go about finding one, but I would start with the local police department. If they won't do it, they might be able to give you the name and number of a security company.

    Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:53 PM on May. 22, 2009

  • thats a good idea but we have already maxed out our budget for the wedding. maybe I can ask some family to act as security

    Answer by sheila85 at 2:55 PM on May. 22, 2009

  • make sure she knows she's not welcome. Ask her NOT to come. If she says she'll come anyway, tell her you'll have police there to escort her off the premises. The police may not be able to stop someone from coming on to public property, and they can't stop someone on private property unless you've asked that person not to be there. GL!

    Answer by BisketLiss at 2:55 PM on May. 22, 2009

  • Call the local police department and ask for police security.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on May. 22, 2009

  • Make sure they get a list with photos of whom you do not want there.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on May. 22, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.