What can I do about sitting her in a grocery cart?

My little girl is 5 months old. She can't keep herself sitting up for very long. When I go grocery shopping, I take her in her carseat and sit her on top. But she will struggle against it and try to sit straight up, to the point where she will start crying. So I tried to sit her in the buggy seat, and she's a little to small for it, so even with a blanket behind her back, she was still falling over. What can I do to make shopping easier?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 2:57 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What I did with both my girls now 4 years and 16 months is I would have a blanket in the diaper bag and when I sat them in the cart I put the blanket in front of them or behind them then I would put the diaper bag on one side of my DD then my purse on the other side of my DD lol. They do have those cart things though I don't know what they are called, but it is soft and has toys around it that you can put over the seat of the cart. You could get that so if she falls over it wont hurt her.

I never bought that though I just stuck to the diaper bag on one side and purse on the other side
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:04 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Bring a boppy, or a bigger blanket to prop her up with. Two small pillows on either side of her might help too. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 2:59 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Maybe try a Snugli? It'll make bending down to get things a litlte more difficult, but it's doable.
    Anonymous

• Wear her.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 3:03 PM on May. 22, 2009

• http://www.mylittlechild.com/High_Chair_Shopping_Cart_Covers/High_Chair_Shopping_Cart_Covers_page_1.html

I had something similar to these. It was comfortable and safe for the babies.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 3:04 PM on May. 22, 2009

• figure it out
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:25 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I used the floppy seat because she wouldn't get germs from the cart and it covered all corners of the cart and she could sit in it very easily!
    Anonymous

• jbirchard, I am trying to figure it out. That's why I asked. Duh.

Anyways, I'll just use the diaper bag/purse idea. I thought about doing that, but I thought I would just be looking silly, lol. But oh well. She hates her carseat as it is, so diaper bag and purse it is!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:46 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I would bring my purse and like a coat or thick blanket when my son was little and put it on each side of him as well as use the belt on the shopping cart and tighten it so it will help her keep balance.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 7:02 PM on May. 22, 2009