How much was your wedding and when did you get married?

I want a church wedding. My husband and I got married in Aug 08, but we did the whole court thing. But now we would like to start saving up so that we can have a church wedding. We do have a 6 month old so we don't want to go ALL out either. So I'm just trying to get a ballpark idea of how much everyone spent. Thanks.

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 3:04 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mine is going to be around $50,000 when In find my rich husband lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:14 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I did the court thing so i dont think im much help sry =( Good luck with planning your wedding i love doing that =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:06 PM on May. 22, 2009

• We spent around $3,500.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 3:08 PM on May. 22, 2009

• i want to know too!!! I'm will be getting married soon & have NO idea what kind of wedding it will be because we're not really rich. But i want it to be nice too.....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:09 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I am not sure of how much everything cost, but we had a reception in a park it was pretty nice cause the kids could play on the play ground. I bought my wedding dress and hubbys bought a tux probably a total of both was about 300.00 then we had unity candles we used cause someone gave them to us. We had food at the reception that caused maybe 200.00 or 300.00 we spend maybe 3,000.00 I am not sure though cause a lot of people helped out a lot on stuff. But we had our wedding October 12, 2003 achually everyone kept telling us not to have the reception outside cause it would be to cold well we had an indian summer that year lol so it wasn't bad at alllll. We got the church for free though and the pastor lol so we also got marriage consuling for free cause we were a member at a church. A lot of pastor's make you go through marriage conuling before they will marry you
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:11 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I got married July 2007. We got married in my mom's backyard. The wedding and reception, dresses, food, decor, etc., altogether run us about $2000.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:11 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I spent 5,500 and my mother spent 5,000.
    My money went to the dress which was most of that, and my hubbys tux and the place where we got married and the justic of the peace.
    My mothers money went to flowers and decoration (most of which she made herself and were beautiful) DJ food wine and the reception hall cake and a few other things here and there.
    my wedding was beautiful and eligent, and all done on a budget!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 3:12 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Sorry I forgot to add when lol. Nov. 2005
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 3:14 PM on May. 22, 2009

• My dress was only $350, but I got it from some woman that was going to get married and then it all fell through... then she wanted a whole different style dress when she finally ended up getting married to another guy! She was sailing it to me for the cost of her rental for another dress! So I got a KILLER deal!!! My dress originally would have cost me $1500 buck! I would just shop around! I got married August 02, 2008!
    Congrats and good luck!!! The more you shop around the better deals you will get! Have you considered getting a rental?
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:14 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Our wedding was a little more than I expected... total with everyone paying what they did... (my mother, my MIL, etc...) Our wedding was about $3000 I think the food and the reception place was the most expensive parts though!!! Good luck!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:16 PM on May. 22, 2009