Clomid ?, sorry I have to ask again cause I only got one response....

I tried 50mg and ovulated and then the second round I did 100mg and did not ovulate. Doese that make sence? My doctor wants me to do one more round of 100mg but I dont understand why If I did not ovulate on it. Doese any one have any experiance with this fertility drug and is it likely that I could ovulate on the 100mg even though I didnt last month?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Since you ovulated on the 50mg dose once it is very likely you would ovulate on 100mg even though you didn't last time. It can vary from one month to another - sometimes you have a good cycle and sometimes you don't. I'm not sure why you were moved up to 100 since 50 worked for you, but it's possible that the doctor is reluctant to go any higher since you did ovulate on a lower dose. I suspect if you don't ovulate on 100 this time your doctor will not recommend trying 100mg a 3rd time.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:26 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I didn't ovulate when I took 50mg.. I was told I didn't ovulate when I took 100mg. I was preparing to start another round of 100mg so I took a pregnancy test *just* in case, and it was positive (and my little boy just turned 1). Apparently my progesterone was so low that they figured there was no way I could have ovulated. Apparently I did!

I know that didn't really answer your question.. just letting you know what my experience was.
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 1:29 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I might be wrong but clomid does not induce ovulation, I think it only has to do with preparing a folicle. I took 5 rounds of clomid when ttc the first time. The last two rounds my ObGyn did an ultrasound around the time I was suppose to ovulate to make sure there was a folicle big enough TO ovulate. I then received a shot of HcG to induce ovulation. It was the HcG that caused me to ovulate, not the clomid. So yes, it is possible to ovulate on 50mg and not 100mg. I hope this helps.
    LandDnurseof3

Answer by LandDnurseof3 at 9:44 PM on May. 28, 2009