Has anyone had a young boy of theirs try on their bras'? and how did they handle it

I caught my seven year old wearing my bra under his shirt, he said he was trying to be funny. He got really embarassed and ran into the bathroom. I went in after him and tried to get him to talk to me about it and he won't and doesn't want to talk about it at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on May. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• He's only 7, he is probably just trying to be funny, or just curious about it. I would just laugh about it and let it go. It's no big deal. My younger brother has done things like that when he was a young boy, and he turned out to be perfectly fine. If he was older and in high school, I might raise an eyebrow at this behavior, only because of the immaturity, and the fact that they understand what they are doing. But at 7? I'd be wishing I caught it on camera so I could tease him about it when he is much, much, much older.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 6:40 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't make an issue out of it, I catch my hub walking around with my bra on his head lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:25 PM on May. 22, 2009

• He maybe experimenting OR he maybe just wanted to be funny. Keep your eyes open, but let it go at the same time. I wouldn't try talking to him about it unless HE wanted to talk to you about it.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:42 PM on May. 22, 2009

• If he is embarrassed, I would apologize for embarrassing him and then have your hubby take him to do guy stuff and talk about it. Boys can't talk about this stuff with their moms.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:54 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Let it be. My son came out of my room one day with my bra and nylons on along with a pair of my heels. I busted a gut laughing so hard and took a picture (for later blackmail, LOL). He is just a little boy, don't make a big deal out of it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 AM on May. 23, 2009