What kind of food first bday party for the babies/toddlers?

I am planning my son first bday party and my MIL will take care of the food for the adults and I need food ideas for the toddlers! There will be my son (will be the youngest) and other toddlers from 16months to 4yr old. If I fix something warm like chicken fingers how do I keep it warm?? Please help!!

Paolalew

Asked by Paolalew at 3:32 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i did sandwitchez.. and it went over good.. cause they are going to get messy with cake, i didnt want to have to change him twice(for pics).. lol
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:34 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Cheese Cubes, Goldfish crackers, and Mini Raveolli with the sauce washed off, canned green beans, and mini marshellows that is the meal of choice when I am tring to keep my 1 year old clean
    KittyCalais

Answer by KittyCalais at 10:36 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I did chicken nuggets and just served them as soon as they came out of the oven. Other ideas are hot dogs or pb&j sandwiches for the older kids, mac n cheese, cheese n crackers, fruit, pasta in a crock pot
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:50 PM on May. 22, 2009

• hey girl =)
    you can get one of those disposable trays that are in a stand and have candles underneith to keep it warm. they have those usually at any party store that sells paper plates, plastic cuttlery, aluminum trays etc. i had those for a BBQ and it worked. aprox $ 25 for 3 i believe but then again im in NY everything is a little more expensive up here. if you have a wall mart check there too.

as far as food.. my friend once made sandwiches and cut them with cookie cutters in different shapes (stacked like a pyramid), mini burgers, fun shapes nuggets, small individual chips bags, juice boxes, mini cup cakes oh and popsickles =)
    hope that helped you a little
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 12:58 AM on May. 23, 2009