Does heart rate predict a baby's gender?

I've heard that a higher fetal heart rate (160) can mean girl and lower (140) means a boy. I'm not sure where this info originated, so I was wondering if heart rate predicted the gender of your kids? Did it work for you? Is it a load of crap?

_muffin_

Asked by _muffin_ at 3:42 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• higher for a boy, my son's is in the 150s my dd's was in the 140s
    Anonymous

• I think that its a guessing game- My doctor told me not to go by those numbers because all babies are diff-
    I mean nothing wrong with looking into it, and guessing the babies gender based off the info you got, just like the chinese gender charts, but remember its for fun, not factual.
    Nothing as proved that its correct or not, so until they do dont get your hopes up or tell people the babies gender based off your finds!
    GOOD LUCK MAMA
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 3:51 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Actually what you typed is the real "myth"....higher heart rates for girls and lower for boys. My OB believed in this and said his "success rate" was about 85% with guessing. My daughter was 165 and my son was 140. I 'guessed" my cousins baby as girl and it is, my nieces baby as a boy and it is. Care to share your baby's heart rate with us?????
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:53 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I am not going to find out the gender, but I think its fun to see if the old wives tales are are accurate. The heart rate is in the 160s (girl)! I conceived either at the very end of the month, or at the very beginning of the next month, so the chinese chart can go wither way. I am craving savory foods, and that tale means boy! Its fun to try and guess!
    _muffin_

Answer by _muffin_ at 4:02 PM on May. 22, 2009

• My sons was in the 130's, and 1st daughter in the 150's. Little lady number 2 kept us confused until birth with a mid 140's rate.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 4:20 PM on May. 22, 2009

• no .. my daughters was between 130 and 180 the whole time and my son was up around 175 and 180 the whole time
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:33 PM on May. 22, 2009

• im having a girl and her heart rate was 155 last time i went which was last week.

mommy2be1308

Answer by mommy2be1308 at 4:44 PM on May. 22, 2009

• my baby's heart rate is consistently 168 and it's a boy. so i wouldn't go off of the heart rate. old wives tales are hardly accurate.
    amberwriteslove

Answer by amberwriteslove at 5:51 PM on May. 22, 2009