Were they contractions? I really wanna know =(

K. Last night my lower abdomen was starting to hurt some off and on. Well after I got off of the computer and walked out of my room my stomach got squeezing tight and I had sharp pains in my abdomen. They would let up after about a minute or a little less and it was really random. They would come back a little and let off again. Then maybe 10 minutes later i'd get another big one....and I couldn't walk and i'd get pain in my right hip like my leg was trying to be pulled out of socket. I'd squeeze my legs together and bend over sometimes the pain was sharp and pretty bad. And the baby was moving throughout all of this also. But once I layed down to go to bed I didn't have it any longer, I woke up at 3 and went pee then layed back down for about an hour and didn't really have what I was having last night. This morning once I was out of bed I had some pain like I was having and i've had some tightness but that's it.

mommy_smitha

Asked by mommy_smitha at 3:47 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your explanation got cut off. Sounds something like contractions. How far along are you? Contractions occur any time during pregnancy, (even as early as 6wks..) and can occur randomly throughout. If you're really concerned, call your doctor. He or she can give you a definite answer. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:50 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Sounds like braxton hicks
    Anonymous

• Nah, contractions are pain all over your stomach and going into your back/bottom. They felt really different than I thought they would, but it's almost like a bearing down on your stomach and bottom. IT feels like you have to go to the bathroom really badly. They are like waves of pain and are not just in your stomach but throughout your lower body. They suck.
    Anonymous

• I'm overdue by 1 day, lol. Sorry I fixed it, didn't realize it was cut off. Well thanks ladies, I figured it's just pain from her moving down lower and all those ligaments and nerves being pressed on. Hopefully i'll have contractions soon tho cuz i'm feelin miserable! ahhh, lol.
    mommy_smitha

Answer by mommy_smitha at 6:54 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Sounds just like the pain I had just before I really went into labor! I was having those pains when I went for my OB appointment and the Doc checked me and I was in early labor so she sent me to the hospitol and that night I had him! Baby Benjamin was born May 5th! :)
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:32 PM on May. 22, 2009