What should I do for my sons !st birthday

My son is turning 1 on july the 2nd which is on a thursday so should I have his party on the 4th of july which is a big holiday in our family..... Or what either way he is going to have fireworks for his birthday but I figure since everyone is already getthing together for the 4th anyways and it is his first birthday I minds well do it then I dont know what do you think.....

kandist

Asked by kandist at 3:57 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think that is a great idea. he's only one (big milestone yes for you and him, but he doesn't have friends to invite from school yet know what i mean? LOL)....so save yourself some work and just have it on the 4th.

I think just the overall convenience for everyone invited would be appreciated. No need to make two trips in the same week.

I think it's a superb idea!
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 4:01 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I agree with the above post. all he cares about is getting his hands on that cake.lol
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 5:35 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I think its a great Idea to do it all at once you will get a better turn out also. Just try to do a few things that are just for his Birthday and take a lot of photos of those things for his scrapbook.

I just had my 1 y/o bday party. I called it the We survived the first year as parents party. It was fun your year old will just love to see al the people and eat new foods. I got a pinata he hit it with a stick wile daddy was holding him. I didn't think he would pay any attention to it but he loved it. So there is one thing you can do to seperate Birthday from Indepenence Day and have some cute photos for the scrap book. Also serve his birthday cake of Birthday plates not red white and blue plates (I am assuming its a BBQ) Just to seperate it a bit. Also do up little doller store goddie bags for the kids. Good luck hope you get a chance to sit back and enjoy some of the day yourself I forgot to ahhaha.
    KittyCalais

Answer by KittyCalais at 10:33 PM on May. 22, 2009