Last Few Weeks of Pregnancy....

How did you ladies feel in the last few weeks of your pregnancy? I had my first baby early so I did not hit that last few weeks and am wondering if what I am experiencing is normal. I am 35 weeks pregnant right now. Sleep is also something that is going not so well at this time. I know that this is all normal... comes with the huge belly :)
On some days I also feel really uncomfortable. I am having no contractions or anything like that but just feel uncomfortable, especially at night time. For instance, last night I had a dull ache on the right side of my abdomen, this morning it is gone.
Basically I want to know how you felt in the final weeks before the birth of your baby. My OB checked my cervix yesterday and said it was not showing any signs that I am ready for labour.
Any info would be great. Since I delivered my first early I want to do all that is possible to keep this baby in me as long as possible.

IsaacMom2007

Asked by IsaacMom2007 at 3:59 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I felt horrible, I couldnt sleep, poop or stand to long. and bending over to get my shoes on was almost impossible!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 4:00 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I could not sleep for the last week. My stomach hurt but my girl was breech and her head was way up high in my ribs. I lost a part of my mucus plug in the last week but lost most of it the day I went into labor. I would go out somewhere and feel sick to my stomach for a few mins. and then be fine. I was only checked once for dialation/effacement and by that time I was 2 cms. and about two weeks away, but I don't think that means anything.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:15 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I went to 41 weeks and then my dr induced me. My biggest problem was that I had my baby in the second week of August. So I was 9 months pregnant during our hottest weeks of summer. I was always uncomfortably hot and my feet were huge from swelling. I did have occassional braxton hicks but I don't remember terrible cramping or discomfort.
    The strongest emotion I remember is just the urge to be DONE with being pregnant. I remember I felt kind of guilty because I was more anxious to not be pregnant anymore than I was to meet my daughter - I don't think becoming a mother was actually "real" to me yet.
    MrsAce150

Answer by MrsAce150 at 4:19 PM on May. 22, 2009

• MISERABLE! I was lucky to get a 2 hour stretch of sleep, and that was in between all of the bathroom trips (at least 4 a night!). I slept in the recliner the last week, or at least tried to. I was totally done being pregnant, and just wanted to meet my little girl! I didn't swell, but a lot of people do. I had really bad back pain and seriously needed a crane to get me in and out of bed...lol. The Braxton Hicks weren't too bad, just made my belly feel really tight.

BUT then you have the baby and you forget how miserable you were! Good Luck!
    snb216

Answer by snb216 at 4:38 PM on May. 22, 2009