How do you know if you are falling outta love with your SO/spouse?

Is it possible to still love them because of your kids and the time you spent together, and to realize that there is no longer that love-love anymore? I know many will say do what you must to make it work for the kids, and I am one of them, but I wonder if either of us even wants to try anymore and if we are not just going thru the motions more so because of our love of our children and neither of us wanting to give up our time with them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• The test was for me to picture my spouse having sex with another women. For years it bothered me and on day it didnt. Of course there was allot more mixed in but that was the beginning of the end.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 4:47 PM on May. 22, 2009

• wow. i was thinking i may be in your boat OP DF and i have been together since i was 16 (6 years) and i was wondering if maybe i love him for our DD but not IN-love but afer seeing what PP said im sooo not lol.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 6:06 PM on May. 22, 2009

• wow lostshel you are scaring me! I am completely that way. Like my hubby doing someone else dosen't bother me anymore. We have had some issues. But I am not sure what to do anymore he said we will have time to go out and spend time together when the kids are grown up. But for now he isn't worried about us!
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 6:12 PM on May. 22, 2009

• i think a lot of ppl try and make it work for the kids but when i found out my ex was cheating, he would threathen abuse like we would fight and instead of punching me he would hit the wall, there was a lot wrong with our relationship but i didnt want my son thinking thats how a relationship worked i would never never want him to be in a relationship like that so i left. but we feel out of love long before that. my man now we just never have sex and i think thats our problem but i think that what u r saying is true for a lot of ppl. try making a bigger effort to make things work and bring back some romance have date night once a week or every 2 weeks. the hardest part of me leaving my ex was feeling like i was taking the precious time a son needs with his dad away. he sees his dad every other weekend but idealy i would have liked me and his dad ro c him everyday so i feel ur dilema its just is it bad enough for u to leave?
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 12:48 AM on May. 23, 2009

• That is what I still have to muddle thru and figure out. Day by day, one day at a time.
    Anonymous