Arms reach co-sleeper

Hi mom's I'm planning on buying an arms reach co-sleeper and wanted to ask other mom's what they thing about it. Is it reallyworth it? Did you guys like it? Is it also like a playpen?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 4:35 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had the mini co-sleeper so it wasn't like a playpen but fit great next to the bed. it didn't work out for my son because he wouldn't sleep flat on his back (spent first 6 weeks sleeping on my chest, then slept in his bouncy chair until almost 4 months old) he also didn't do well sleeping in the room with us, anytime we moved or anything else he would wake up and start crying. it is a great concept and i will probably keep it to try with the next baby.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 4:39 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I LOVED ours! We didnt buy the mini. I looked at them and it just seemed so small! I'd suggest getting the bigger one unless you are really short on space.

It was so nice having our son right there with us. If he needed fed or just was upset, I didn't even have to get up to get him. We kept him in it until he was about 4 months old. I think it's totally worth it. It is also really well made and held up great. ( We loaned it to my Brother for his baby after we used it and it's still in great shape!)

I believe ours does turn into a playpen. We've never used it as such, but I'm pretty sure you can use it that way.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:53 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Target had a lot of information on it. Yes it can be a playpen! Check out the reviews etc.

http://www.target.com/Arms-Reach-Natural-Original-Co-Sleeper/dp/B0001D12XA

Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:58 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Its good if you have a c-section and are breastfeeding....also my SO worked 3rd shift so there was plenty of room in the bed for it. Other than that it was a waste they grow out of it quick
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 5:10 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Even with the big one they outgrow them quick?
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:15 PM on May. 22, 2009

• nursinghannah...... are you thinking of just a co-sleeper pad that goes IN the bed, cause this cosleeper she's talking about goes outside of the bed. I would disagree that they grow out of it quickly. It'll work as a co-sleeper by the bed until they start pulling up on things, though I wouldn't keep the baby in your room that long unless you have to!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:17 PM on May. 22, 2009

• If my son wasn't so dang heavy I could still use it for him if I wanted to keep him really close while he slept. (Maybe if he was really sick or something). He's 19 months, so no, they don't grow of it that quick. I'm sure she's thinking of something else.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:19 PM on May. 22, 2009

• My other girls co-sleept with us in bed and now it's becoming an issue getting them to sleep in there bed with my son we want to do it differnt but he's in the NICU he's 30 weeks gestational age and I would want to have him next to me. Where also investing in the breathing monitor that goes on the diaper and alerts if the baby stops breathing. I'e heard of several cases where that monitor has saves babies lives, the baby has actually stoped breathing and they get help right away. I would just want my son next to me to be alerted. What mom doesnt want there baby close by.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:26 PM on May. 22, 2009

• We just moved our 8 month old out of it. It's not wide enough for them to roll over in (which is good), and my children sleep on their backs, so until just recently, she couldn't do anything but lay there till we came and got her. If I had it to do over again, I would get one that changes into a playpen. They do make one, but we got the mini.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 5:32 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I loved having the Arm's Reach co-sleeper. There's a lot of room for storage. We had the mini, so it didn't change into a playpen. I believe that I would have been even more sleep deprived than I was if I hadn't had my daughter right next to me.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:47 PM on May. 22, 2009