My stepdaughter put my stuff out the door how should I react.

First all ladies u must know that I am a grown ass woman lot. We lost an apartment My stepdaughter(my husband's daughter) who is 25 offered us a place to live. because we had nowhere to go, , we weren't there a week when she went to tripping , keep in mind that I am a neatfreak so I cooked, I clean, got her kids ready for school in the morning while we were there while she laid up in the bed her and her hubby . After a week she decided to tell her father that she wanted us gone by the third a week and at the time it was on the 21st of the month when she came to him, so instead of her waiting till we got our stuff out of her house she threw it out the door @ I wasn't pissed I was mad as hell she she broke everything ok so she is do an ass whooping for the way she treated her father and brothers I'm trying to b the better woman but she is slandering us on MYSPACE her dad is furious , her brothers r upset what should I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• I'm sure you probably did something to deserve it. Either that, or your step daughter is bi-polar and needs professional help.
    Anonymous

• That's where u wrong baby girl @ if u call paying her bills, cooking , cleaning, etc than I guess I did do something wrong. I was raised in the church I was taught to help people when they needed help if I could besides she lived in my home for 6mths Hubby and all. I honestly live by EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON @ that's probably why u r anonymous GOD BLESS U BOO.
    Anonymous

• Take your things and go elsewhere even if it is a shelter. They have their own issues and cannot take on any other stresses. If you don't want to get upset over the Myspace, don't read it. As you say, you are a grown woman. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 5:21 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I don't have grown kids( yet), but I have to say, you should just go. What else can you do? Is there anyone else in the family you can go to? Perhaps your stepsons? I hope there is someone who can help. Her behavior was inexcusable, no doubt about that. But in the future if she needs a place to stay, needs her bills paid, all I can say is tell her " Sorry, Bank of Dad and Mom is closed."

Sorry about all this.
    cookiedough100

Answer by cookiedough100 at 10:21 PM on May. 23, 2009

• there kids... of course they dont want there parents their.Sorry to tell ya but u shouldnt depend on your or your husbands kids for a place to live.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on May. 24, 2009

• She offered you a place to stay then you totally took over her house by doing the cooking, cleaning, and childcare. How would you like it if you invited someone to stay with you and they basically spent the whole day making out you aren't good enough by doing all the housework and such? I'm not surprised she got fed up and kicked you out.

How long did you wait between her telling you to get out and actually doing anything about it? If I told someone they had to move out and they didn't leave I'd pack up their stuff and take it outside for them too!
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:31 PM on May. 24, 2009

• i think that some mothers should just not answer questions. as for the lady that asked, if she needs a babysitter you should help her out, if she needs anything else, she's on her own. you should always think about the little ones and never hold their parents against them. if you took over her house then she should have gotten off her butt and took it make. she should have helped you cook and do dishes and helped you clean or she should have told you "hey, i'll do it your a guest in my home, just relax. all you ahev to worry about it my father and taking care of your space. and maybe helping with teh kids, haha" you did nothing wrong she's just a bitch an di know a bitch when i see one. i did the same with my cousin exempt the cooking and she did a little and she never did anything so cold.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 7:01 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I don't know, maybe she felt as if you were "taking over" the household by doing everything for her, including getting her kids up and ready for the day. If I was you, I would have been offering to help... "Hey, would you like a break tomorrow? I could see the kids off to school?" That way she can decide whether she wants the help or not. Not that you did anything -wrong- ... nor was her action right... some people are just funny about things like that. Try to talk to her if you can.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 3:42 PM on May. 25, 2009

• that was your "home" for the time being and it's illegal in most states to throw a person out of their home. The correct thing would have been to evict you. I'd call the police and see if you can file a complaint so you can at least file a claim and get her to pay for whatever she broke replaced. She should have given you 30 days (written notice). Then she would have to call the police (in most places) to come evict you NOT HER throwing your things out. Don't kick her ass but get even the legal way.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:47 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Could her husband have put her in a place to shut you out? Did she have to choose? Obviously she didn't handle it well. I honestly think, I'd just try to find another place and wait for her to growup.
    Anonymous