need advice bad.....

So my cousin and i are really close (bro and sis type) and him and his GF of over 4 years are having problems. He was a total asshole for like the last 2 years and now hes realizing he needs to change and he is and its wonderful. problem is she doesnt know if she can let go of the past and move forward. they have talked about marriage for next year they own 2 homes (1 to live in 1 to rent out) and she doesnt know what she wants. shes tlking to a therapist because (i guess she had a rough past) anyways they are meeting up tonight and he bought her a beautiful necklace just because. Its a heart and half is just white gold the other half has diamonds and he wants to know what to say to her when he gives it to her and im at a loss for words!!! any ideas lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe something along the lines of ....

I appriciate your strength for standing by me when I wasn't worthy of your love. I know I have let you down in the past, but I'm a better version of myself now. The thought of losing you was enough for me to want to change myself and live up to everything I know I could be for you. I promise to always do my best to fill our lives together with love and laughter. And just so you know that you will always have my heart......~present the necklace~. I love you!

Hope it helps!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:27 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I really like what ozark said but I would definately add in there that he is willing to give her all the time she needs to be able to forgive and move forward, because it took a LONG time of him being the way he was for things to get like this
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 6:21 PM on May. 22, 2009

• the fact thathe is really trying should show her guys can say all they want but they r just words in my opinion when a man does little things and shows me he is making an effort thats what counts. just tell him to say what he truly feels so they r not rehersed lines but from the heart. as long as this isnt a one time deal and he actually makes an effort everyday to make it better then what he says wont mean anything. at least they r both realizing that they both have things to work on.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 12:33 AM on May. 23, 2009