I'm scared

I'm 16 and I just found out that I'm gonna have a baby. I'm Gonna keep the baby, I knew the moment I found out that, that was my only option. I told my Ex-boyfriend (father of my baby.) and I havent heard from him since then. My mom was the first person I told, she said she would watch the baby while i go to school or work, but I still feel like I'm going to be raising this baby by myself. I finally got all that settled in my head, then I started thinking about the physical aspects of it. What does Giving birth feel like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• first off good job and relizing what you have to do not many teens do so adn well that is why teen moms have a bad name you are one great person !
    birth is gonna burt but you forget it all as soon as you hear that baby cry
    i was 17 with my first and it was the hardest of the 2 labors i have had i was in early labor with contractions for 4 days and had to push for almost 8 hours
    my daughter that i just had i was in ealry labor with contractions for just about 7 hours and i only had to push about 10 min
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:08 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Well it hurts but it doesnt really matter cause when you see that baby nothing else will matter not your ex or the pain remember this happened for a reason and it happened to you and I believe that GOD doesnt give you ant thing you cant handle-good luck!
    BellahMom

Answer by BellahMom at 5:10 PM on May. 22, 2009

• well it hurts but its a pain that has a huge reward at the end. I am so glad your mom said she would help you, thats great and be sure to thank her. Many many teens do it alone because they have no one to help...so already you are starting out with a plus. Do not worry about the boy who got you preg, fovus on you and your baby(sorry he did that tho). One day you will meet a wonderful man who loves you and youor baby and your fairytale can start...just gonna take a little more time. Good luck sweetie.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:12 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Oh Well I guess congrats? Don't be afraid. They have pain blockers and other options for childbirth. I will be honest and say that it is painful when you have contractions toward the end of labor but like I said they have options. I had an epidural with my daughter and I had a wonderful birth. Some people don't like getting anything, which is their choice. You can find alot of info on the internet about your options. Also, I would recommend the book What TO Expect When Your Expecting. Very informative and helpful and you always have cafemom! Good luck
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 5:13 PM on May. 22, 2009

• everything is going to be ok i know ur scared but they have epidurals for things like this you shoulldn't feel a thing. it made mine so much easier you might feel a few contractions as you go into labor and when they brake ur water. Its all worth it though once you see ur baby
    Anonymous

• Thank you, I knew right off that this baby happened for a reason. I know that he/she will be one of the best things to ever happen to me. My mom told me the same thing about how I'll forget all about the pain the moment I hold them for the first time. I'm just scared about the future. My mom had 2 kids by the time she graduated high school, and she worked all the time, My siblings and I grew up resenting her, How do I stop that from happening with my Child?
    ABUHLINGER

Answer by ABUHLINGER at 5:18 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Well good for you for making the decison to have your baby! YOU can do it!!!!! At least your mom is there for you!!! The dad could come around later!! Everyone is differnt with birth! I was so scared but really you make it seem worst than it is good luck and if you need someone to talk to i am here!!!
    dianna1121

Answer by dianna1121 at 5:51 PM on May. 22, 2009

• In response to your question how do you keep your children from resenting you, just do your best, and try to spend time with him or her. Remember what it was you resented your mother for, and do your best not to do what she did. I'm sure you'll make a great mom. Be sure to look into parenting classes..it may seem stupid to have to do it, but you might learn something you don't know. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:11 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I really Don't think I want him to come around, he's the type of person that can't make up his mind, and he'll be in and out of the baby's life. I can't do that to him or her. I had that type of dad, he was only there when something good was happening and i have a feeling that, that's the way it's going to be.
    ABUHLINGER

Answer by ABUHLINGER at 6:11 PM on May. 22, 2009